Hey, everyone. So the past two nights I have had some very clear dreams. Two nights ago it was my ex asking for another chance and us getting back together (pretty clear message there). Last night though I had a dream that she was a foreign student and we were together and at the end of the year I asked her to stay and got a 'no.' I was wondering if dreams like this were normal and if so, how long did they last for most of you. I have been doing very well (day 10 NC) and have even made steps to start dating again (I know its soon). I was hoping I was doing better than this and I am kind of annoyed that I am being forced to think of her because I do a pretty good job of not during the day.

You can't really control what you dream about. You're mind thinks up some crazy things when you dream.

I have read that dreams have meaning and some books have said that it's just what your mind is thinking before you do to bed. I believe in both, that some dreams have meaning and some dont and most of the time your dreams are based on what the last thing you were thinking about before you go to sleep.

I would take your dreams, just as they are. Dreams. It's your subconcious telling you that you still care about her and even though you are trying to surpress any thought of her, she is still there in the back of your mind. Could be a sign too that you mind is trying to tell you that it's to soon for you to be trying to date because you aren't over her. I would google "meaning to dreams" and see if a search site comes up.

It's another way of your brain to process things. Don't think too much about what they mean as there are several and conflicting interpretations. Just be happy with how you're doing and think of this as a challenge of your brain - and you're gonna be the winner!

Archived