Possible to break up with someone who lives with my family?

I have a girlfriend who I can no longer be with. She does not know yet, but I have been dropping major hints. Subtle Hints that say: "I have fell out of love", and "that our relationship really sucks." (but not so bluntly.)

On the other hand, my mom is attached to her (she has all sons, no daughters), and when my girlfriend had no job 9 months ago (and no $$ savings), she began living with her.

Possible to break up with someone who lives with my family, even though she would still live there? (She wouldn't take it well either, very moody women, uncontrollable emotions -- both mom and girlfriend)

It wont bother me, but I dont know where to begin with the break up.

Advice anyone?

you cant stay with her if you dont like her... dump her if you feel the relationship has no reason to go on. you family will understand. besides, y r u going to drag on a meaningless relationship when you COULD be out there loking for a girl you do want... your time is tickin away... you never know, maybe in the time you spent simpithetaclly going out with your girlfriend, you COULD have been eating dinner or dancing with Ms. Right