I've been like this too! Everday for months now and it's seriously at least each of those that I go through in phases each day. I don't know what to do to make it stop! It's a dangerous roller coaster ride due to the fact that I could do something stupid that my emotions compel me to do like contacting the ex or breaking down.

It's so hard. I seriously don't know what to do. I mean sometimes I'll be in class and I seriously just feel like crying. That's saying a lot because I barely ever have cried in my life until recently. I seriously haven't been this depressed before.

You said acceptance helps, but I have accepted the fact that I can't be together with my ex-girlfriend because she is too immature to handle this certain situation of her life. Honestly, I still hold a slight grudge. I still think how could she have been so cruel to have done that to me, especially since she was supposed to love me. Speaking of love, why doesn't she love me now. She's told me that she loves me even when she was dating another guy, but now she completely stopped. I think it's because I started becoming more distant from her.

I really hope that this concludes soon because I'm reaching really depressing lows and I'm just not too sure how much longer I can handle it. It's really starting to affect my life and how I live. I can't focus in school, I lost motivation, enter in deep depression when I do think about the ex, etc. I know; it seems like a really stupid reason to be acting like this. I mean I shouldn't have any problem letting go according to how she treated me and knowning that I could honestly do so much better.

can i ask, how do you do the quote in the box thing?

When you reply to a post, click on the box that says "quote" in the upper right-hand corner. Than person's message will appear in your message box surrounded by quote in square brackets. You can delete those parts that you don't want to repeat, and even quote multiple times in one post by copying and pasting those quote symbols. I hope that I haven't confused you....

Hi Finch,

First, it sounds like you might be slipping into a depression. If this drags on for more than a couple of months, or if it really starts to get severe (i.e. self-destructive) then please get help. You mention that you are in school. You can probably access free councelling through your school's health service.

Was this your first serious (i.e. love involved ) relationship? You sound like me after my first real relationship ended. What helps? Well for starters:

1. Time. Sorry, but there is no easy way past these feelings but through.

2. Support from friends and family. Lean on them as hard as you have to. If you don't have much support, seek councelling. Keep posing here.

3. No Contact with your ex.

4. Exercize and keeping busy.

Good luck!

how quickly did this doctor make this decision? there are some docs that dont even listen and just stuff you with meds. arrggg i cant satnd that. a few months ago i took beginner paxil (the low dose they start you off with) and it made me so weird, i stopped taking it before i got more in my system. sometimes they say you feel worse before you get better because ur body is adjusting but i thinnk chemicals and stuff is weird so i hate it when that is the doctors first option. why are you depressed? (sorry if u already said why) maybe you need a lower dosage or a different medicine also. how long have you been depressed? as for right now all i can say is do the best you can at least for your kids. kids at any age can sense when something is wrong. they look up to you, so be strong. when do you feel the worst? sorry if my questions keep skipping back and forth...

Ebola-

A lot of people have talked about working out. I think this is good in part because you feel so good about something you have done and it adds something good to a dark world... On the flip side, I think we all would like to let life slip by right now. I know my prob. is work... but what we do when we start letting things like bills, the Christmas tree, things like that slip by is that we create MORE to be depressed about. This is the same with overeating, or alchoholism, etc. For right now, try to be strong and make yourself proud. Think of every choice as a deposit in the negative or positive bank, because right now EVERY choice is. Watch tv, or clean, etc. Little things pile up and the last thing you need is more problems or stress at a time like this.

Could your kids go to your parents house for Christmas? Maybe there are some people that might be willing to help you out in little ways so you can get through without getting behind.

God Bless, it is a very hard journey but you pack the bags (later your baggage...)

finch-

sounds like you are having a rough time. i am proud of you for not conatcting your ex.(that is my weak spot, and i am trying to improve it) by acceptance, you have to let go of it all. you cant think about the past and the what if's. it happened and there is nothing you can do about it now. nothing. you need to surround yourself with people that love you. they will show you affection and help you through your pain. im sorry that it has been months. yes, somtimes i cry at work and i think i failed a final because i couldnt focus on anything other than my ex. you just have to stop yourself from these thoughts. shout out NO, distract yourself, talk to someone. these thoughts tend to feed off of eachother so dont let them get to you. hope you are feeling better than earlier.

Milly, my parents are dead. We moved to this little town on top of a mountain because he wanted to.

I have no friends or family within 200 miles. I can't move because my kids have to finish school here, and my daughter is in the middle of some extensive dental work.

So I am completely alone.

Ebola:

Do you belong to a church? Sometimes they have support groups that help with this kind of thing. I would ask a pastor or something and describe what is going on.

If your not religious maybe local divorce support group??? Like something at link removed there are alot of people who like to actually talk this stuff out in person, and if you go through it with other people in your area you might find it to be easier and you can help each other.

I can't get any more depressed. I barely get out of the house. The house is a mess. There's no Christmas tree for my kids. The bills aren't paid. The doctor put me on antidepressants 3 days ago, and I'm feeling worse. Any advise?

Hi ebola 316,

You need to give the medication more time. Most antidepressants unfortunately take 2-4 weeks to kick in. Tough it out until then. Sometimes they don't help, but it is too soon to say so in your case. No matter what happens please don't just stop taking your medication. You need to be eased off of antidepressants with medical supervision. Stopping cold turkey can precipitate an even deeper depression...or worse

Did you ever decide to contact that guy in town?

Hi everyone...I have read everything you've said. I want to tell you that I have been so busy and busy and although it has been an extreme help, i often feel guilty for not taking time to think about her. So I often stop and sulk for a minute. I miss her a lot! And i have great support system...everyone tells me without a doubt that she 'd make the biggest mistake of her life if she doesn't get back on her knees and beg me back. They said although they are glad of what she is doing for herself and its a noble act, that I am trully a jewel that came into her life. They pump me up everyday and tell me I am doing much better.

So my advice for you is to allow a small amount of time to think about them, cry and Laugh! But then remember that the feeling will come back over and over like an adiction. You cannot block it all out so in between those feelings TRY to PEMPER yourself, treat you like gold, do good, think good and you will attract good. Please try it it will work ...slowly is the key, cherish the pain and the pleasure at the same time.

Don't hurt your soul anymore than it is hurting right now. I know this is hard ....

REMEMBER YOU HAVE A CAMP WHO IS 100% BEHIND YOU !!! SO COME BACJ HERE AND USE OUR ADVICE!!!

Mentor, no I couldn't go on the date. I had to cancel. I feel too bad and look too bad. I took my daughter to the doctor today, and even he noticed how bad I look.

I really haven't eaten a bite of food in the last 2 days, and am feeling very weak Can barely drag myself to take the kids to school.

One of my kids missed school today, cause I couldn't even do the laundry. So things are not getting any better.

Hi ebola,

Thinking of you.go to your doctor now! Give the tablets time to work.Is there anyone can stay with you for a bit? If not try to talk to someone every day,don't shut yourself away.

Yogurts and mashed bananas were all I could eat at first,try to do this to line your stomach and get some energy.Bananas are a natural boost for the mood with selenium in them.

This will get easier and you will enjoy your life and children again,give yourself some time,do not sacrifice yourself for him.

take care ,Toots

Toots, there's no one that can stay with me now, and I can't leave due to the kids school and such. I'm gonna have to contact the doctor tomorrow and tell him whats going on.

It's been over 2 weeks, and it's not better, its worse. Have to drag myself not to do some laundry so at least the kids can go to school tomorrow. I'm driving around with the low fuel light on my car because it's an effort to even go to the gas station.

• 2 weeks later...