Does long distance relationships last????

Relationship is built on honestly & communcation, as long as you are in constant communication in any form.

Honestly requires with both parties to trust each other and be open to each other that one is not messing with someone else behind their back.

As long as those two could be achieved than the long distance relationship will remain strong.

Also the fact that you visit each other once a year is also something that will keep your relationship lasting and strong.

I hope this helps

Hi,

If you only see him once a year, what is the point of having a boyfriend. Mine just moved to Miami to take on a new job. We get along great, but decided to part because it's way to hard to keep up a long distance romance and hardly spend time together, and it's not fair that both of us be lonely. I want to remain friends with him, but that will be hard too.

I just think you should move on, because if you're really in love, you'd be together.

• 2 months later...

Hey don't listen to that cheer girl! I have a boyfriend who lives in Arizona! we have been going out for 5 months. i don't get to see him at all but i talk to him every night. If you love and trust him then it doesn't matter how far he lives away. At least you get to see him so consider yourself lucky and stay with him. It just makes the time you guys see each other special and more romantic. Hope my advice helped take care!

What a load of crap thet cheer person is full of. I had a long distance relainship with my partner for 2 years, she was 9000 miles away in a different country. We talked at leat 3 times a week and now we are together, we appreciate it more. Early sex in a relationship kills any other attributes that may be there to be discovered. If all the relationship is about is physican contact, at least one of them is a shallow person, maybe both. Problems await this person for the entirety of their lives in this dept until they truly grow up.

Hi- Dont worry, things will work out if they are meant to be. Distance is hard, I am just finding this out myself. My boyfriend of 7 months just left the country for school and its been harder than anything I have ever experinced. However, if you love this boy things will work out. No matter how far apart you are.

• 6 months later...

I was in a long distance relationship, and it does last for some ppl. But with me it didnt cuz I had no trust in him. But if u talk to him and have trust it all should work out. But please take my advice if u luv him trust him, I should have trusted him more and now I realize it but I lost him.......

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve been together with my foreign boyfriend for 15 months, but we try to see each other every 2 months. The Internet helps a lot!

The first 9 months were the hardest, now I can deal with the distance quite well. You just have to learn to be happy with what you have, enjoy the good stuff, keep yourself busy and go out with friends, and if possible make plans for the future. I confess my situation is a bit complicated, I have no short-term plans, maybe we won´t live together for the next 10 years, but as Ally McBeal said, "the alternative is too unthinkable", and what can I do? I am happy right now. If things change in the future, if I´m too unhappy without him and have no perspective of being with him, I may have to choose to be alone.

All the best!

Olivia

• 4 weeks later...

as long as you know that you truly love him, a relationship doesnt all have to be based up on a thing of physical touch. as long as there is a thing of trust and respect i think this thing that you are deeling with will work.

i had a relationship for a month and a half, i was with a guy in indiana and i was in wisconsin, i only got to talk to him about 2 nights every week and i never really got to see him that much. the reason that we broke up wasnt because of the long distance, it was becuase he was tempted for another girl. with all the brake ups and things with relationships today you gotta know if you have a good connection.

thank you

and i hope that this works out for the best

Yeah, long distance relationships work, of course they do. I was in one 3 years with an older woman who lived almost 2 hours away from me. Of course you can not see each other much but it is always quality over quantity. Just maintain contact a few times a week between visits.