Got a Merry Christmas text message from my ex

Hi,

First of all I wish everyone in ENA forum a Merry Christmas and happy holidays. I'm sure that we will all keep strong and get through all this!

Today, I got a Merry Christmas text message from my ex through this morning. It's a very generic greetings text that could be typed and then sent to many friends with the cell.

Should I simply text her back Merry Christmas, or completely ignore her text?

To be honest with myself, I didn't expect this text from her. Also, I don't feel the "excitement" when I read the text, probably I knew that it doesn't mean much. We are almost at 5 months post breakup. My guts tell me that I must just ignore the text, because at the end I will feel even better and stronger.

I do not see anything wrong to reply back, just because ex BU w you, power is in you, u don't have to rude, simple as" thanks , to you too" no expectations, continue to your life. the negtive feeling acutely hold you back to recovery in my experience .

stand tall, no beg and pity!

it's been 5 months, id say there is no harm in replying. but dont expect a reconciliation. after 5 months, i hope she thinks you've moved on, as monkey ai says, keep it brief. I think it shows maturity. after 2 weeks/even 5-6 weeks id say ignore it, but harboring feeling for 5 months should be a thing of the past at that point.

I do not see anything wrong to reply back, just because ex BU w you, power is in you, u don't have to rude, simple as" thanks , to you too" no expectations, continue to your life. the negtive feeling acutely hold you back to recovery in my experience .

stand tall, no beg and pity!

The thing is, I find that I would give her back the power to her if I write her back a simple Merry Xmas text.

I have getting better these days, although I have been thinking often of her last week before Xmas. Also, I have refrained from checking her Facebook and stop thinking about reconciliation.

All in all, I think not replying back is a better choice for my healing process.

The thing is, I find that I would give her back the power to her if I write her back a simple Merry Xmas text.

I have getting better these days, although I have been thinking often of her last week before Xmas. Also, I have refrained from checking her Facebook and stop thinking about reconciliation.

All in all, I think not replying back is a better choice for my healing process.

I think you need find what is the best for you, and continue with your journey to fully recovery. just to remember the negtive felling is not healthy. Good luck and have great holidays!

Hell, after 5 months I'd hope that YOU'VE moved on.

Its been over a month since my BU and I'm almost completely over it... I responded to her text. Just a few min ago, I got a text from my ex-ex as well, responded to her also.

It doesn't matter to me. What is, will be.

I tend to agree with you Varkolak. I feel pretty good about myself, so moving on is not heart wrenching. I do miss my ex, but feel pretty good in general. She doesnt occupy all my thoughts or anything. After 5 months, I just see the harm. But then again, everyone is different.

I admit that I thought of my ex quite often in the last few days, probably holidays is one of the main cause.

I don't think 5 months is not enough to say that I have totally moved on. If it took a few months for my ex gf to detach herself from the relationship, then it is fair that it takes me more than 5 months to move on. Beside, everyone is not the same.

That's why I made up my mind to not respond to the text. Beside, the outcome would not change whether to reply or not, it's over

Archived