is my friend a little over her head? does she sound defensive?

xaznbabyx

I told her that we should get this contract done on monday, and she says monday give or take, depending... I was like can you make any sense? I was confused of what she said which is why I said to her that she sounds funny when she says stuff like this and it sounds like 1900s...like formality-wise. She says why that might be? For what reason, do I beseech you? I was like ? Then she acts like a kid and starts talking in the 1600s and I was like why are you talking like that? and she said I started and she was trying sounds old like ancient old. I was like that's why I think you're an oddball.

She says we'll start tomorrow by researching info about contracts foremost and don't tell me foremost is in the 1900s and I was like why you being so defensive for? She says I'm just joking duh hahahaha, and I said don't duh me... She says so serious who's serious now? hahahahahahha. I said you sound cynical...

To me, she sounds defensive considering how much we worked together and how much she thinks she knows more than I do like in graphic design. One time she thought I trashed her work when I was just reediting my version of the assignment for this company. We were suppose to work together, but she rather do it herself then work on it as a team. There's a whole lot of weirdness about her. I think she's defensive but she says she's joking around, but everytime i make a suggesting she puts me down and bring her point into it like she knows more.

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding a word of why she sounds like she's talking like she's from another time period.

I'm also not seeing defensiveness - I am seeing a lack of communication.

Most of your post isn't making sense, honestly. I'm having a hard time deciding if you're working on a contract - or working on a class about a contract.

Maybe try rewording your post a little bit laying out for us just what the situation is and it will be more understandable.

I don't know what the hell to say ....

so your title says is she over her head , which implied business wise she was maybe making decisions she can't account for or something ...

but it is because she is pretend talking like the olden days ...is this affecting your business or the contract ?? is it that she is just having a laugh ..you seem to be two business women yet it reads like ...well I don't know what actually .

I had to read it out loud to myself in order to get it...I think I get it anyway....

The, who I am assuming is the "co worker" on this contract was in the middle of planning when to work and used the words "give or take" which to my knowledge is a commonly used phrase in the 21st century. However, the OP decided to pick at her choice of words and claim that she was talking old fashioned...and formally. To which the co-worker took this random criticism on the chin and decided to joke back using REAL old fashioned terms as she probably assumed that initial ridiculous statement was a joke in itself. The OP then got annoyed at the co-worker and has decided to label her as an oddball.

That was the first paragraph.... and then the rest was about how this co-worker seems to think she knows a lot more than the OP and that she gets defensive.

OP, I would get defensive if I was trying to plan something important with a colleague only to get interrupted and criticised for my use of words and in my opinion she dealt with it quite well with taking your criticism light heartedly.

Sorry if my writing is too old fashioned for you

I had to read it out loud to myself in order to get it...I think I get it anyway....

The, who I am assuming is the "co worker" on this contract was in the middle of planning when to work and used the words "give or take" which to my knowledge is a commonly used phrase in the 21st century. However, the OP decided to pick at her choice of words and claim that she was talking old fashioned...and formally. To which the co-worker took this random criticism on the chin and decided to joke back using REAL old fashioned terms as she probably assumed that initial ridiculous statement was a joke in itself. The OP then got annoyed at the co-worker and has decided to label her as an oddball.

That is how I saw it too, especially using real old fashioned terms in jest. However the she said, I said "duh" thing threw me.

Archived