The natural progression of dating for educated men and women past college

radiohead20

And I am not about to join hot yoga or cooking class with the sole intention of meeting someone, seem's really weird for some reason. "why are you here?...oh...because I love cooking????"

Sure, it might seem weird, but, this is a great strategy, and you don't necessarily have to view it as "soley a way to meet for dating". Sure, that's part of the intention perhaps, but why not view it as a new adventure to expand your experiences & repertoire in life? You might hate it, or you might love it, but you won't for sure know, until you've tried it.

It doesn't have to be cooking class -although that's certainly a great skill to cultivate and would definitely impress the ladies should you invite them over for dinner at your home someday. Definitely, you should learn how to make some good meals at home on your own by the time your in your 30s!

However, there are other activities that women participate in that aren't as stereotypical as the two you've mentioned.

For example, my women friends participate in activities such as:

rock-climbing, taxidermy workshops, kick-boxing classes, muay-thai training,

hiking, bicycling, tennis club, wine-tasting, language learning meetups,

karaoke club, anime club, meditation classes, billiards team, improv comedy,

poetry readings, open-mic, film-lovers meetups, arts, learning how to DJ,

beer brewery classes, photography workshops/walks, tech meetups,

volunteering at the local museums or volunteering at music festivals,

and well, the sky's the limit.

These are all pretty fun things to try out, so even if you don't meet anyone special, you've at least got yourself a great experience and expanded your horizons. Then, when you do meet that special someone, you'll have fun stories to share too.

hey slightly off topic but has anyone that has hit "roadblocks" in dating methods that are "comfortable" - online/through work/friends etc tried and had any success with methods of dating that involve confronting your fears and taking risks. for some people it might be the only way to break through and MIGHT result in great benefits other than dating.

An example that comes to mine is seeing a girl in public and starting a conversation with her and asking her out. obviously this takes a freakish amount of balls, and most women would be caught off guard too much or get their "creepy alert system" activated and run away. I imagine it might actually work if you come into the situation smoothly (example would be picking out an observation and sharing it with her = "hey what do you think of the sandwhiches at this place? It's my first time here"). I suspect that most of these conversations are just normal ones that people have with strangers on occasion except you would ask them out at the end, which is the scary/outside your comfort zone part.

My experience has been no problems in getting men, but problems getting them to commit. Had a bf in university, 2 years and then we broke up- quite natural. Then had a family friend buddy for years- we got on really well but he wouldn't commit to going out. Then had a boyfriend for 4.5 years- I and all my friends thought he was the one, would get married. I started putting pressure on for him to propose and he wouldn't- he broke it off as he fell out of love.

I don't know whether it's my bad luck but that's my experience.

I still get chatted up a lot now but now I am older I am more fussy and looking for husband material. It makes me laugh men think that women have too many options- yes I am attractive and could go home with a guy every night if I wanted, but as Sex and the City noted, there are far many more great single women than there are men. The majority of my girlfriends are "dating down" with guys that I do not think measure up to them. I try and keep an open minded and certainly don't reject loads of guys for silly reasons, but I rarely meet guys I would consider to be honest these days. That is also my single girlfriends problem: we would love to meet someone but we aren't finding guys we want at the moment.

Archived