Public restrooms

Hi, I used to be exactly like that. I still am in certain situations. Once I was afraid that I would suffer blood poisoning because there were only public WC available for 36 hours (I was travelling). I partially got over it. It just happened (not before I turned 23...). They say: once you start you do not stop. Good luck!

i have the same problem!! sometimes i cant go at all and then i have to come back later when no one is there. when its totally silent and someone is waiting, i definetly cant go at all. basically all you can do is try with all your willpower to relax (i think all the anxiety tenses up your muscles so you physically cant pee). if you still cant go, just walk out and come back later or go to a different bathroom.

-----

Most of the time I can't go pee in public restrooms if there are other people in there and it's too quiet, and especially if there are people waiting.

Does anyone else have this, who got over it???

I just want to go!

You are not alone. Look at this link called How to poop at work.

link removed

You are not alone. I get embarrased in public restrooms as well.

But keep in mind, people do know where they are. It's a bathroom, people should expect to hear particular sounds. Hey no one can see you and chances are if someone is out of a stall before you, you won't ever see them again. So relax and pee free!

There is actually a mild social anxiety disorder known in the psychologist trade as being "pee shy". The symptoms are precisely as the posters above have described.

Anyway, if the problem is sufficiently annoying to interfere with your lives, it is completely treatable with self hypnosis - something that can be taught by a qualified therapist and easily learned.

And yes, the problem is extremely common. Every time I happen to use a public toilet, there always seems to be some unfortunate person there unable to "go".

Here you go for some useful info:

link removed

lol, how u think us guys feel. Some of us feel bad enough about our size, let alone getting it out in front of other people who can see u.

Its very common for guys to struggle to pee when others are next to them. I use to have real difficulty being able to go. I mean, your literally right next to people, people on either side of you. Its awful.

Im not so bad now, I just stare at the wall in front and try to forget others are there. Its been proven nearly every guy takes longer to release his urine in a public toilet than in private.

It would be swell to be able to pee in a cubicle, u girls should try going for pees while every1 can see u like us guys do

It would be swell to be able to pee in a cubicle, u girls should try going for pees while every1 can see u like us guys do

Why can't you pee in a cubicle? Just lift the seat up...

I noticied with myself and other people, that we must have atleast 1 person space between us. I have seen this on TV programs too (american and english), so I know it's well known. Basically, in a toilet you should always leave a gap between you and the next man. Also if the cubicles are free use them.