Omg, my Facebook is full of Exes messages which I thought I deleted

I was just exploring Facebook messages. My inbox usually contains about 4-5 messages from friends. I defriended my exes and removed their messages as soon as they broke up with me in the past. So I was calm. The only problem recently was to learn not to check my last ex's Facebook profile which is public and I was struggling to do that. Even if that's not enough, today I found out that my Facebook is full of ALL my exes messages since the beginning I've created Facebook and I never knew about it!

It seems that once I clicked "x" button on any message in my inbox, it was archived (not deleted!). So today I found a third button in the right side from Messages and Other messages which says "More". I clicked it and it showed me some more options like: Unread, Archived and Spam. I clicked Archived and BAM! All of my exes messages were there undeleted! Guess if I could resist myself not to read them all from the very beginning and not to ponder "why did we break up if everything was so perfect lately?"

Check your inboxes. Maybe you also thought you have deleted them all. I've just got a heart attack when I saw them all in one place.

good tip. Facebook changes up a lot of their features and are really good at not letting users know that they have and what the changes do/mean.

No kidding!! Now if someone sends you a message, Facebook automatically notifies the sender of the date & time you open the message! It's like when someone attaches a read receipt on Outlook, except you have no choice in the matter! Which normally isn't a big deal but it is when you are trying to ignore someone so they leave you alone!

when you are trying to ignore someone so they leave you alone!

There is one more option besides blocking a person which I found useful today. It's called "Mute conversation" and you can find a button which is in the dropdown list of "Actions" button, which is above all of the person't messages. Muting will turn off push notifications on mobile and prevent chats from opening for this conversation. You can choose the period of time (minutes, hours, days, etc) to mute the conversation. Or you can mute until you decide to unmute it yourself.

That's good to know. I actually keep my account logged out of chat. I typically don't feel like having a conversation with someone just because I happen to be on Facebook at that exact moment and I don't feel like people need to know when exactly I am on Facebook. Also, I typically only have a few people that consistently would message me every time I was logged into chat and they don't correlate with who I would consider that I am "close" to.

I have people I would prefer to unfriend but I don't want to hurt their feelings. One lives accross the street from me so I can't exactly sever all contact anyway. I just wish that I had never accepted friend requests from certain people in the first place!

No kidding!! Now if someone sends you a message, Facebook automatically notifies the sender of the date & time you open the message! It's like when someone attaches a read receipt on Outlook, except you have no choice in the matter! Which normally isn't a big deal but it is when you are trying to ignore someone so they leave you alone!

I HATE that feature!! It doesn't take much to make that little check mark and time stamp appear even if you don't directly click on the message or read it! They even appear if you try to delete it without reading it!

Now the other person, ex, whoever, has the satisfaction of knowing that you read their message even if you didn't!

Archived