for those on the fence about NC and wanting to contact..

I have read posts here about those who have a part of them who wish to contact their ex. I had stayed NC for the past 2 weeks, but had the "opportunity" to run into my ex (who was the one who dumped me) at work. I tried to strike up a casual conversation, just a "hi, how are you doing?" she responds, but she never bothered to ask me how i was doing, like any other normal person would, just to be polite. we chatted for a couple of minutes, but the whole time i could feel she didnt want to talk to me. as i was leaving, it seemed she wanted to shoo me away as she said "this is unhealthy". This coming from someone who had thought of me as her best friend during our breakup conversation. I dont know how others will interpret this, but I saw this opportunity as the final straw. She couldn't handle a civil conversation...I didnt have the need to bring up anything personal or any emotions and whatnot. This was my closure. If she wants to start something up again with me, it's her decision, but for now I just don't care. She doesn't care about me as a friend, she doesn't show interest in a simple conversation as even an acquaintance. For those wondering about closure, this is my closure. I'll be moving on to better things, better people. I'm finding some inspiration in the Jay-Z/Justin Timberlake song "Holy Grail"

"And baby, it's amazing I'm in this maze with you

I just can't crack your code

One day you screaming you love me loud

The next day you're so cold

One day you're here, one day you're there, one day you care

You're so unfair, sipping from your cup 'til it runneth over, Holy Grail"

"You still alive, still that *****

***** you survived, you still getting bigger *****

Living the life, Vanilla wafers in a villa"

so for those wishy-washy about NC and thinking "what if", go ahead and try to contact if you can handle the outcome.

today was a good day, and i'm still not finished yet

Archived