Cinema Dates

Santa

Hi!

The other day, a friend was telling me about a date to the cinema he had with this girl. The situation sounded very similiar to other stories I heard, and I had actually expeirenced this once before myself.

Many times it seems a boy and girl are on their date at the cinema, and the guy wants to put his arm around the girl, but the girl seems to be sitting defencivly or something, so it's hard. You would expect the girl to lean into the guy as a cue, but more often than not they don't!

Is this because these girls don't really know they are suppossed to do that to encourage the guy, or something else? Seems weird why it happens so often - it can't be because the girl doesn't like the guy all the time.

Thanks.

I have a feeling that most girls are intuitive to these things. When a guy puts his arm around me, and I just am not feeling it with him, then I would feel uncomfortable. Mainly, because I'm not sure what his intentions are. If we're on a first date, and he puts his arms around me, then I don't respond to it in a good way, because I feel as though maybe he just wants a piece of meat. So, I usually tell my dates about PDA's and how I'm not comfortable with it.

If I'm feeling the chemistry for the guy, then I don't mind if he puts his arm around me...that is, if we're on the 3rd or 4rth date, and, I might lean on his shoulders, temporarily. That's just how I am. I had a date, who put his hand on my knee cap on the first date, I got pissed. But, I kinda brushed his hand off of my knee, and acted as though nothing happened.

Some girls are more reserved about these things. I don't think that we're totally blinded by non-verbal cues. However, there are some girls who are completely oblivous to these things, and don't mind if guys are touchy/feely with them in general. Those types of girls, you can tell if they're like that, just by how they present themselves. Capiche?

I'm pretty shy and on my first date with a girl we went to the movies. She sat with her hands in her lap and looked semi "defensive" but I know she likes me a lot. She is the one who asked me out anyways. Well 3/4 throught he movie she took my hand like she "gave up" waiting for me, like with a small sigh but may I am mistaken. But she didn't make it very easy for me to take her hand etc. She said she had a good time but I just don't know if I should call her back or wait till I see her at school. This happened the day before thanksgiving. Hmm