how do I ask for the award?

so, I was earning a fixed amount of money at my job for one year + getting some % from sales that I made. (I am a marketing and sales manager)

after that year my bosses suggested we change that system to just one fixed amount that is a bit bigger than before and I will get no %. at that time (5-6 months ago) it was totally logical for me to accept that, because I had just a few clients and it was off-season, I was in the middle of my move to the new apartment, and it was nice to be sure that I will get my money every month, regardless of how much I sold. and it also took the pressure of my back to just be obsessed with selling and selling more to get the %, and made my job a lot more creative. but as I got more experienced, and the season started again I had a lot of sales, and recently I've got this one client that orders big amount three times in the row, and it seems to me and to everybody else that he will be our long term partner. and the % I would get from what he bought in one bulk order is even bigger than my standard fixed salary! he made three already, and more are coming.

When I accepted the offer from my bosses they told me that for sure, IF I have big sales we can discuss some kind of award for me. For sure I understand that I myself refused the percent system, but I do not even want all of them (but hell, that would be a lot of money). I would be happy if they just offer me some of that money I earned for our company in the last three months, because I think that these sales definitely go under the category of BIG. so I can see that my bosses are not really interested in offering me what they promised, but I also don't want to ask for it. How do I do that politely and sound fair and so on? I am very bad at asking for something, especially money!

Archived