Should I Stay or Should I Go?

jheniya

November 12th was my best friend's birthday. To celebrate, her cousin, herself, and I went to a local theatres to watch a movie. While we were walking to McDonalds so my mom could pick me up, we ran into a guy that was in my History class during the seventh grade. We'll call him Caleb.

I was attracted to him, and I told a friend of mine (we'll call her Jayne) to tell him I thought he was cute and to ask if he was interested in me. When she did, he responded yes and she gave him my cell phone number. He hasn't called me, but I started calling him this past Saturday. Whenever I called him he would be busy, so we didn't get to talk much.

Tonight however we got to talk. He's a wonderful guy. He's honest, he's sweet, he's smart, he's decent, and my best friends approve of him. To put it bluntly, he's a good guy. The one thing that bothered me though is the subject of dating. Basically this is what happened.

There's another girl (we'll call her Tony) that he is also seing. They've been seing each other for quite awhile, but he pushed her away because he was afraid of getting attached to somebody that close. When he did that, she turned her back and dated another guy. The guy she dated ended up cheating on her, and what that occurred she went back to him. Now they're seing each other again, but she doesn't want to officialize anything. So basically they're friend with benefits, to put it bluntly.

Before that topic ended however he told me, "I might fall out of like with her, you never know." I'm not quite sure what he's getting at, but he's not a player type that would play with a girls' hearts. Technically he's not dating anyone, and we're both interested in each other.

I'm not sure how to take this, but I'm interpretting it as we're just getting to know each other. I live at another city from him, and our distance is a good half hour to forty-five minute drive. I think that he is getting to know me while he is with her, so that when we know each other well enough, he'll be able to have a solid decision which girl he will have a relationship with. We dont know each other very well, so we cant say we like each other. We're attracted to each other that's defenite, but as of the subject of liking each other, it's not yet developed.

That is my situation. I want to know your opinion on it. Should I stay around and see where this will lead, or should I just let it go all together and just approach him as a friend?

My opinion....either he wants to date you or he doesn't want to date you. There should not be no inbetween. I think that even if he did date you, you will still be hearing and dealing a lot with this othe girl he likes.

Looking at it from the basics, he doesn't know if he wants a relationship when it comes to you, but he is willing to try to forge one with the other girl. Just judging by the comments you gave us from him I would say you are just a string along in case things don't work out, so you are really just second choice. I also think the times he was busy was possibley because his girl was there.

DBL