heartbroken but still love the boy

Hey, ok this is what happened I went out with this boy named chris. I thought he was tryin to change me because he didnt want me to smoke weed and drink anymore, which ment that i couldnt hang out wit certain pple becuz thats what we would do I so I broke up with him for that reason and that reason only. Now im kickin myself in the head realizing that he was only watching out for me. Out of all the boyfriends i have ever had he's the only one whose truly cared about me and i realize that now. I wish I had never broke up with him it is one of the stupidest things I've ever done. Now I want him back and he doesn't want to go back out so I'm HELLA heartbroken. I've been depressed since he told me that we would never get back together. I've been crying and i dont know what to do. I wish that I could go back in time and stop myself from breaking up with him, but I can't so now I'm stuck with out him and a brokenheart. My life doesn't seem complete without him. He's believed and trusted in me thats why I love him.

Greetings.

It sounds like you are in the process of wanting to set some personal boundaries. My advice is to first decide what you will or will not allow in your life, and then make it a personal boundary to protect your integrity. You want to be able to show people that you can be trusted and that your word is good. Would you want your kid hanging out with you, or your friends when you do what you do with the drugs and alcohol? If you are not being the way that you feel is right, then fix it. Don't talk about it. Just take action. Figure out what YOU want first, if you want to continue to engage in the activities you are, or if you want to stop and try a different, possibly more promising path that will lead to a better future. Try to stop the dysfunction before it ruins your life.... and it will ruin it. Been there, been around people who do it, and are still doing it, and who didn't amount to anything. Don't be those people.... IF you don't want to. If you want to, that is YOUR choice..... but think long and hard about it and what you are doing. And the reasons why. Drinking and smoking pot is a symptom of a problem. If you fix the problem, you won't need it anymore.

Then go to your guy and tell him your feelings, but only if you decide to change and if you intend to stick to it. I think he would give you another chance. Treat him as you would want to be treated.

good luck girl!

Did you dump him because he asked you to or said that you couldn't hang out with them? because even if he cared he had to respect you had your ways and you should NEVER stop being friends with people or hang out with friends because of what your other half think...especially at our age anyway.