Appropriate Song Titles...

Check out some of these song titles. My favourite, "If you leave me, can I come too?"

link removed

Some good ones there! You can usually rely on The Smiths to produce some good ones too:

- Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me

- Heaven knows I'm miserable now

- Bigmouth strikes again

- Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

Strangely these songs don't depress me...they actually make me feel better! The Smiths were uplifting because they had some great tunes!

Check 'em out! 8)

when i was 16 my first love broke up with me and the Smiths helped me through. 13 years later going through my most serious break up im still listening to them!!

One by U2 is quite appropriate for me at the moment, its funny ive heard it played at weddings and have just thought, what are you doing, have you not listened to the words, its about a horrible break up. In fact the "acthtung baby" album was written mostly by the Edge when he was breaking up with his wife.

Run by Snow Patrol is good too!!

if you're not the one by daniel bedingfield

"If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?"

undiscovered by ashlee simpson

"Take it back, take it all back now

The things i gave, like the taste of my kiss on your lips,

I miss that now"

when i was 16 my first love broke up with me and the Smiths helped me through. 13 years later going through my most serious break up im still listening to them!!

Yeah they were a great band. I actually went to see Morrissey live in concert with my ex about a month before my break up. The encore was "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" and I can remember my ex smiling and giving me a big hug...strange how things change!

Needless to say, I still can't listen to that song without getting a lump in my throat! So I tend to avoid it!

I've recently been getting into 70s punk bands such as The Ramones and The Buzzc*cks...I would say they have been my "break up bands." The get-up-and-go attitude of these bands prevented me from wallowing in self pity for too long! 8)

Rich

im going to see morrissey in december and i cant wait.

My ex always claimed to be a fan but whenever Morrissey played in dublin he always had to go sailing or something so he obviously wasnt a real fan!! Sailing V Morrissey, i know which one a true fan would pick.

Strangely the ex always sang "there is a light that never goes out" to me!!

Obviously he didnt mean what he sang!!

its his brirthday soon and the morrissey song "unhappy Birthday" springs to mind, but im not that bitter, i dont wish him dead, i just hope he has a miserable birthday!! I gave him cool presents and went out of my way to make it special for him, so now he has got no one to do that for him he might just remember how good i was to him!!

the first birthday i got him a helicopter flying lesson, the second year a trip to madrid, the list goes on but now he has no gf to get him any more cool christmas and birthday presents! HAH!

your ex's rebound is bound to get her something crap like a bottle of perfume cos he doesnt know her like you do and when she gets that bottle of perfume she will be raging and remembering how thoughtfu your presents were!!

last Christmas by wham should be covered by the Buzzc*cks and then it could be quite a cool angry break up song!!

the first birthday i got him a helicopter flying lesson, the second year a trip to madrid, the list goes on but now he has no gf to get him any more cool christmas and birthday presents! HAH!

your ex's rebound is bound to get her something crap like a bottle of perfume cos he doesnt know her like you do and when she gets that bottle of perfume she will be raging and remembering how thoughtfu your presents were!!

last Christmas by wham should be covered by the Buzzc*cks and then it could be quite a cool angry break up song!!

I don't even know if she's still with her rebound, and to be quite honest, I don't care! I'll be a good few thousand miles away come February anyway!

You certainly bought him some good presents...such a shame that he won't be getting anything anywhere near as good this year! Sorry, I'm in a devious mood today! \

I'd pay to hear The Buzzc*cks do Last Christmas! I think my favourite lyrics are on "What Do I Get?" Reading them may sound depressing, but playing it loud is quite the opposite!

image removed

What Do I Get?

I just want a lover like any other

What do I get

I only want a friend who will stay to the end

What do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

I'm in distress I need a caress

What do I get

I'm not on the make I just need a break

What do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

I only get sleepless nights

Alone here in my half-empty bed

For you things seem to turn out right

I wish they'd only happen to me instead

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

[sOLO]

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

I only get sleepless nights

Alone here in my half-empty bed

For you things seem to turn out right

I wish they'd only happen to me instead

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

I just want a lover like any other

What do I get

I only want a friend who will love to the end

What do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

What do I get

Oh oh what do I get

Well let me tell you now

I get no love

I get no sleep at nights

I get nothing that's nice

I get nothing at all

At all,at all,at all

At all,at all,at all

Cos I don't get you

Foz,

speaking of the smiths. used to have all the vinals in the 80s but never converted them to CDs... until... a month or so before the breakup the X and I listened to the Smiths in his car reminicing.... anyway... weeks after the breakup I just couldn't get this Smiths craving out of my system... it was probably just me wanting to relive my moments with him... I went out and got some used Smith CDs.