How do I move in?? help!

Ok, first of all, I am 20 years old and am a sophmore in college. At school there is a beutiful junior who I get along with and am good friends with. She has been going out on and off with a senior. She and I do are occasional flirting and stares at each other but nothing past that. Her boyfriend has graduated and I will hopefully see her in the summer. What is a good way of bringing about the question of "are you still with your boyfriend who graduated." I don't want to come on too strong or look like a jerk by hitting on her if she still has a boyfriend, but I also dont want to be shy about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Douglas,

Welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am pleased to hear that you really like this junior. I understand that your question is about how to ask her if she still has a boyfriend.

My suggestion is to turn things around. Smile at her when you see her and say 'hi' to her. See what she does. Then give her a compliment once or twice. See what she does. If things are going good and you feel confident, start a little chit chat with her and see what she has to say. From there I would just ask her out and then see what she says. If she is still with her b/f, chances are that she will reject and let you know.

I hope that this is what you were looking for and I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~