How long does the shock last?

There isn't really a road map or timetable to how long it can take for everything to sink in. You will see many stories here where people think they are out of the woods ( moments of clarity) and then get spun out when they realise something new a few days later.

We are all unique , things just take time to sink in, how we react to new information ( that we puzzle out ourselves) can help and hinder as you go.

Time works it's magic and there are no shortcuts, only things that make matters worse. Be kind to yourself and don't think of it as a race. Healing takes time

Three months later and I waffle between shock and grief. I've decided to be kind to myself and except that this is part of the process. I found that when I started asking myself "when am I going to accept this" it just caused more anxiety.

Interesting you mean when you stop giving yourself time, it helped?

It means that, the harder you try to shut it out, the harder you try to pull away, the more agitation it adds to the mix. If you can constantly surrender to the long journey of healing, expecting that there is more to come, it helps ease the frantic "get me out of this place" feelings.

Interesting you mean when you stop giving yourself time, it helped?
It means that, the harder you try to shut it out, the harder you try to pull away, the more agitation it adds to the mix. If you can constantly surrender to the long journey of healing, expecting that there is more to come, it helps ease the frantic "get me out of this place" feelings.

Exactly fff, and my quote should have said accept, not except

Archived