Reading and ignoring my text how to deal?

Redabc123

On Friday after he texted me back and said I didn't miss him I asked if we were still on for that evening since we made plans..he read it and ignored it so I texted him the next day and asked why he was ignoring me and if he no longer wanted to continue hanging out... Which he ignored

Been there.....he's sulking, insecure, spiteful, all or any of those things. He likely didn't like being told he wasn't missed...who would? But his behaviour is still very immature. Likely, if you don't communicate with him again, you'll hear from him at some point, and he'll send something very casual, almost as if he hadn't ignored you.

My advice would be, if you do hear from him again.....don't reply. Because he's the kind of man who will use silence as a weapon whenever something annoys him.

Been there.....he's sulking, insecure, spiteful, all or any of those things. He likely didn't like being told he wasn't missed...who would? But his behaviour is still very immature. Likely, if you don't communicate with him again, you'll hear from him at some point, and he'll send something very casual, almost as if he hadn't ignored you.

My advice would be, if you do hear from him again.....don't reply. Because he's the kind of man who will use silence as a weapon whenever something annoys him.

I texted and told him I missed him and he replied no you don't ...weird... I can't see him ever contacting me again but your right he is very immature if he was half a man he would have told me what was up

Your right, I definitely won't text/call anymore but for future reference do men do this for an ego boost, why not be a man and say hey I'm not interested... Has this been done to you?

This guy is not interested so definitely stop contacting him.

Guys (and girls) do this because they think you will get the hint that they are not interested by ignoring you. That way, they avoid a confrontation/drama.

Stop making the same thread over and over about the same guy dear.

This guy is not interested so definitely stop contacting him.

Guys (and girls) do this because they think you will get the hint that they are not interested by ignoring you. That way, they avoid a confrontation/drama.

Stop making the same thread over and over about the same guy dear.

If you don't like what I'm posting please don't comment, I'm here for advice thank you

I know he isn't interested but I can't stop thinking about him is this normal? I just don't know what happened, any advice to get over this

Something to consider....

As an objective observation, its not cool to blow you off like that or blame you/accuse you of things that reek of insecurity and giving you the silent treatment as punishment (on his part) So WHAT, exactly do you miss about him? What was so great about him that you wish this had worked out differently? Is he crazy fun to be with? Physical chemistry is off the hook? He's insanely smart? Has an awesome job? Makes killer money?

I'm guessing its way more about your ego than that he was actually sooooo wonderful.

If someone did the "woe is me"/you don't *really* care/Eore kind of thing I'd be running for the hills as I don't have the time or energy to constantly make someone else feel good while taking the blame for everything and they didn't make ME feel good. BARF!!!

As an objective observation, its not cool to blow you off like that or blame you/accuse you of things that reek of insecurity and giving you the silent treatment as punishment (on his part) So WHAT, exactly do you miss about him? What was so great about him that you wish this had worked out differently? Is he crazy fun to be with? Physical chemistry is off the hook? He's insanely smart? Has an awesome job? Makes killer money?

I'm guessing its way more about your ego than that he was actually sooooo wonderful.

If someone did the "woe is me"/you don't *really* care/Eore kind of thing I'd be running for the hills as I don't have the time or energy to constantly make someone else feel good while taking the blame for everything and they didn't make ME feel good. BARF!!!

You have completely made my day, it is more of my ego and confusion.. I really don't have time to ego stroke anyone, thank you for the advice, I'm still confused but feel better

Also I haven't deleted him off any of my social media, I was hoping he would do it first would it be immature if I did being that everytime he posts something it's like saying f u to me

Quick question: how were you able to figure out and see if he read the texts or not?

I think you can't get him off your mind because you haven't heard back from him and its eating you up. Just let it go. This is a form of control and a power trip for him. Do not waste your energy on someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about you. Have more respect for yourself and know you are worth someone's time.

Quick question: how were you able to figure out and see if he read the texts or not?

I think you can't get him off your mind because you haven't heard back from him and its eating you up. Just let it go. This is a form of control and a power trip for him. Do not waste your energy on someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about you. Have more respect for yourself and know you are worth someone's time.

Thank you I know it will go away with time... Just sucks.., I have an iPhone and so does he, when we text it goes to iMessage which allows you to see when your message is delivered or read

I'm kind of in the same boat. A guy I like is completely ignoring me which really hurts my feelings as I was already getting really mixed signals from him. I do agree with one post on here, though, that it is so hard to coax responsiveness/intimacy out of someone who doesn't just willingly give it. I don't know. My motto is that if a guy truly liked you, he wouldn't leave you hanging. It sucks but that's what I have to keep telling myself too.

I'm kind of in the same boat. A guy I like is completely ignoring me which really hurts my feelings as I was already getting really mixed signals from him. I do agree with one post on here, though, that it is so hard to coax responsiveness/intimacy out of someone who doesn't just willingly give it. I don't know. My motto is that if a guy truly liked you, he wouldn't leave you hanging. It sucks but that's what I have to keep telling myself too.

Your absolutly right, how long has he been ignoring you?

Um it's now turned into a full day. Lol. It sucks but I'm learning to move on from it. And accept it too.. which has been the hardest part. You might have already done this, but sometimes just talking to your friends about it really helps too! Sometimes I don't like talking to my friends about things like this just because I feel like I'm complaining a lot or something, but, I finally did reach out to a friend today and she was really supportive. I just feel like, especially during situations like these, it's just nice to know that at least SOMEONE out there still supports and cares for you! Haha. Hope you feel better soon!

Archived