I work nights and 60-80 hours a week and can't meet anyone.

kennyb79

I am working lots of OT to get out of debt and save up so I can go back to school. And yes I don't have lots of time to be with anyone... does that mean I just have to deal with being depressed and be alone? Im hoping not ... trying to stay positive.

Keep busy with your friends and have fun doing what you love in your limited free time. It's hard to meet people even when you have an easy schedule! You may end up meeting someone while you're out doing something you enjoy or through a friend....ya never know, as they say!

Depression is a state of mind like happiness is...it comes and goes. Its just wise to be able to recognize when you are in a state of depression so you know how to navigate life without making mistakes. (and actually, you can make some pretty big blunders when the mind is in a state of euphoria, happiness, or another extreme state of emotion). At the moment, your goals are in the way of getting into a relationship, and you have to choose what you want, and then stick with the consequences. If you feel you need a relationship right now, you will need to turn down the heat on the energy spent getting out of debt and allow more time for yourself to pursue one. And then more time for when you do find yourself in a relationship, or it will fail.

OR, dismiss the feelings of loneliness and focus on your goals.

I guess what im trying to ask is where how do I mert anyone that is a night worker they are the only ones that could possibly meet my availability.

Well perhaps there are social groups (not necessarily limited to dating) that are for those who work nights, check meetup or your favorite social media site. If you don't find one you could always start one. I get that you want to date and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, but I'm guessing you hardly have time to see your friends either so getting out and meeting people with similar schedules could greatly boost your mood. There are plenty of industries with night workers that probably share your loneliness.....law enforcement, doctors/nurses, customer service, security, bartenders, club promoters, etc.

Archived