Question For White Guys: Would You Like A Black Girl?

rachopin77

No I don't mean that people may misread what your intentions are, I mean if a white guy, some white guys I must stress, know that you have only ever been with another black guy, they could be intimidated.

I have honestly had this exact scenario with a friend of mine who liked this black girl but would not tell her or ask her out as she had only ever been with black guys......

Hello, I'm a half black/Asian female that dates white men and can tell you that things get better as you get older. Males are immature and naive when they're young, but as they get older, they get more exposure and some become more open-minded. Of course, the geographical area that you're in matters a lot too. I grew up in East Asia, where men hit on me NOW but as a kid in preschool, elementary school, etc. the boys treated me like an inferior sub-human being because I looked foreign. As they got older, they learned to discern a woman's beauty, regardless or race. Whether they'd date a foreign woman now that they're adults is a different story, but would openly admit to them being beautiful or attractive.

In America, black boys everywhere hit on me openly. With white boys...it depended heavily on where they were from, and they always asked about me or asked me out through friends. Kinda cowardly. I think they wanted to gauge my interest level before making any moves. When I attended middle/high school in Hawaii, white boys were very excited about black girls. Many people in Hawaii are mixed, and most couples are interracial. It's the norm. And since black girls are rare in Hawaii, that made boys excited. In other states, white American boys didn't hit on my openly (as usual), but white European boys put me on a pedestal. Us darker skinned girls definitely have more pull in Europe.

My experience taught me that us darker girls have better luck if we're surrounded by cultured white men who are well-exposed. So, OP, when you get older, try to live in a big city with lots of transplants. If the white males in the area are open-minded, they'll have no problem approaching you on the street. If the area seems a little segregated or white men seem to stick to their own race, be seen with white girls. This way, white men know there's a chance you're open to dating them and makes you easier to approach. I recently moved to Philly, which is segregated. White men rarely approach me when I'm alone or with black or Asian women. But I strike gold when I'm with white women. You could also try online dating, where you can put "White men only" or something along those lines in your profile and attract white men who want to date you.

Judging from your picture, you are gorgeous! I would think you'd have to be investing in a quality stick to beat the guys off with!

But, as other posters have stated, 18 year old guys are pretty immature, and depending on the area of the country you are in, dating someone of another race might take more guts than they have at present. If they are thinking about the prospect of bringing a black girl home to meet their parents who maybe have less than evolved views on race, or that you might see their small hometown where everybody is a redneck with the stars and bars on their pickup, it can be an intimidating or embarrassing prospect. Not that they are embarrassed by YOU, but that they'd be embarrassed for you to see where they grew up or maybe meet their jerk Republican uncle who would say something racist and awkward. Or even if the people you would encounter aren't actually racist, they are boorish and have no idea how they come accross to people who aren't exactly like them. Hell, I was nervous letting WHITE girlfriends see where I grew up.

And I would echo what Silverspring said - I grew up in a small, rural town full of racists but now I live in a cultured and cosmopolitan big city, and while I know things are not "post-racial" in this country by a long shot, I know plenty of interracial couples myself and nobody in my circle of friends would bat an eye at a white man coupled with a black woman. Especially if the black woman is as cute as you are! I know you said you aren't interested in a casual thing, but you are only 18 yourself. Maybe you should try something a little more casual so you can meet some different people and find out what kind of man you are interested in? At least until you can finish school and see where you ultimately end up?

Thank you for the compliment!

I have often wondered if a lot of it stems from the fact that I go to a fairly conservative school in the south. I used to live in the far north when I was really young, but most of the racial talk up there seemed more to be about the novelty of a black person and was usually positive, rather than racist. I have thought about how a bigger city might be different from where I am now, since there would be more transplants and different cultures around, making some people more open minded. Maybe after college I would have to consider leaving this area of the south and going to a bigger place.

And by casual, I mean more along the lines of I'm not interested in a bunch of casual sexual encounters like many people my age are. I was eating with some friends once, and they were talking about the number of people they had slept with, and for some of them it was up to like 15 people, which I find to be a lot. Others can do whatever they want, I won't judge, but it's just not my thing.

I'm a girl but I have something I'd like to say. My black girlfriend has a happy relationship with a white guy. They seem to have a much more successful relationship then many other people in that age group. If he just wanted "a piece of meat", he wouldn't have stuck around that long.

I live w/ a married, bi-racial couple (she's black and he's white). Race definitely comes up and it's not an elephant in the room. Nobody pretends that the racial difference doesn't exist; in fact, it has led to some great conversations. I think acknowledgement of differences and humor really helps to break down some barriers.

She's also from Africa and is a professional athlete which adds another layer of really cool...

Oh hell yeah!!! I find them very attractive and I've been dating black ladies exclusively for the past few years and that's my personal take on this. (also I don't date any black women, there has to be some attraction, chemistry, etc). There are plenty of white guys out there who would date a good looking black women with good intentions, you are a female after all. As for why you being overlooked, well that's tough to pin point, but height may have something to do with it for some. My guess is a lot of guys feel intimidated by your height, but hell maybe there are insecure in the first place? Some are just not attracted to black females, some do. Or maybe they are skeptical themselves, that you may not like them, because you are black female? If you really want a white guy that you like, talk to him. See what he like from inside, and see if he is attracted to you, but don't just guess. If you came up to me and I find you attractive, first date will be set in a heart beat lol.

By the way, this is a very busy times for everyone. Men and women a like tend to overlook one another at times, and don't notice until it's to late. If you like someone, take a shot at it. To the dude who flirts with you, be careful. If you got a gut feeling that all he wants is one night stand, stay the hell away and let your spider senses guide you. To answers your question one more time, Yes men find black females attractive, dating material, and all five yards as long as they are a catch themselves and not some ghetto hood playa, killar, gansta, etc. you got my drift.

OP I think this might just be your age.

I think others are right whenthey say guys are afraid to do things that make them stand out when they are that age so while someof them may like you they are just following the crowd so as not to rock the boat.

I think there probably aren;t as many white guys who consider seriously dating black women and seek it out but I'd say most of them would give it t try if they liked your personality. Just give it some time.

Also don't be afraid to let them know you like them I have a friend who's Caribbean and black an only liketo date white guys but she loses out on so many b/c she won't tell them she'd liek to date them and they all end up inthe friend zone b/c they assume that's all she wants. I keep tellingher it just doesn;t occur to them that she would like to date them b/c it's not the norm they just don;t even think of her that way unless she sys something.

Archived