WORD TO THE WISE! Read NOW

Too all of you broken hearted people one here who have an obsession with your ex's twitter and facebook...STOP IT NOW! For one, it will only set you back because there is a good chance the person you love is with someone else and to keep it simple, you don't want to keep tabs on someone who wanted to leave you in the first place! They are officially irrelevant. Lemme tell you a little story, about 8-9 months ago I went on my ex's twitter and found out that she was with someone else less than a month after we ended things for good. This news set me back, waaaaaaay back. I would get drunk as a fish and go on twitter and tweet all types of outlandish things about my ex. While this made me feel good for the moment, I would wake up the next morning and feel like an idiot. I would feel like an idiot because I was lowering myself and I was boosting the confidence of a "basic chick" with a very nasty attitude. To top that off, my friends back home in Jersey thought that i was being soft and that i was looking weak like Drake and some of those R&B singers who sing about being hurt all the time.

All I'm saying is no matter how much youre hurting, please don't take it to social networks. If you want to tweet or post a status about you ex, either post it on here or send me a message. Do not give an irrelevant person any more power over you! My ex and I broke up in July and I didnt stop paying attention to her til October. Just stay away from social networks and your healing process will go just a little bit better. Trust me!

First thing I did when she left me to be with another dude was wipe her off my Facebook page and delete her from Twitter.

Its been 2 months NC. I have no idea where she is, what shes been doing, who shes with, how shes feeling....nothing. I dont want to know. Keeing tabs on her would just cause me more pain than I can imagine. It hurts enough just being apart from the woman I love. No need to know the extras.

Totally agreed. After my breakup I did the usual thing and visited her twitter and Facebook and it just made everything ten times worse. I saw her with the guy she cheated on me with, out having a blast with her friends (who were only too happy to learn I was gone. Damn they were *******). She'd post pictures saying things like "Feeling very pretty and getting lots of likes from guys and "You're beautiful!" From girls. Just hunting for attention to massage her twisted ego.

There were people leaving long supportive messages on her Facebook wall even though she was the one who cheated and ruined our relationship. Meanwhile I was dealing on my own. It all got too much. I deleted and blocked her and haven't looked back. It's still not easy but it definitely lightens the burden. No way I'm letting her screw with me even now.

So yes, block block block. For your own sake, don't torture yourselves!

First thing I did when she left me to be with another dude was wipe her off my Facebook page and delete her from Twitter.

Its been 2 months NC. I have no idea where she is, what shes been doing, who shes with, how shes feeling....nothing. I dont want to know. Keeing tabs on her would just cause me more pain than I can imagine. It hurts enough just being apart from the woman I love. No need to know the extras.

This is so true I did and do now well trying to stop it though check my exs facebook and it has caused me absolute and utter pain unbearable pain which I could have avoided if I hadnt done this

Social networks are the devil. The devil! I went to an extreme lowpoint because of it. I always wonder what my life would have been like if i had never looked at her stuff and never drunk tweeted about her. But it's all good now. I learned from it and moved on. I wont be in a relationship for a long time, but my next girl is getting NOOOO kind of confidence boost from me when things are over.

Did your ex ever try to re-establish contact with you? Im living my life under the assumption that I will never hear from her again, yet my peoples keep telling me "ahh shes gonna come back someday, youll see". Im just afraid theyre right and it will happen right when Im nearly over her completely. Women seem to have some kind of mutant power where they sense youre almost at the point of no return and they realize they have to stop that from happening at all costs.

Did your ex ever try to re-establish contact with you? Im living my life under the assumption that I will never hear from her again, yet my peoples keep telling me "ahh shes gonna come back someday, youll see". Im just afraid theyre right and it will happen right when Im nearly over her completely. Women seem to have some kind of mutant power where they sense youre almost at the point of no return and they realize they have to stop that from happening at all costs.

Oh my gosh, I couldn't agree more, and it is like a mutant power! Every time I would reach a place if resolve about not giving my ex anymore...of me I guess...she would call or text or something. So frustrating.

What also hurts is when they put a picture you took as their profile pic. Sounds silly, but makes you think " well of course he doesn't remember I took that ". Silly, I know. But somehow it does sting. My ex had a pic I took of him and his son the night we all went to the fair. Don't know if he still has it, but he did. Why did it sting? Guess it brought back memory of that night.

I think the best think to do is to lose all hope that she'll come back. In reality, you dont want someone who was able to leave you and leave you hurt. I still have love for the person i was with, but this new chick that she has become will never even get the time of day from me. You dont claim to be in love with someone one month and them a few weeks later have someone else. The messed up females get no love, brother!!!! Charge her to the game and let time heal you.

Many of us had to learn this the hard way, just as you had to do. Good advice and hopefully everyone will learn it the first time they screw up and stop.

I hope so. Lord knows I screwed up big time, but i laugh at some of the things i was doing.

What also hurts is when they put a picture you took as their profile pic. Sounds silly, but makes you think " well of course he doesn't remember I took that ". Silly, I know. But somehow it does sting. My ex had a pic I took of him and his son the night we all went to the fair. Don't know if he still has it, but he did. Why did it sting? Guess it brought back memory of that night.

I know what you mean! My ex put up a new profile picture a couple of months ago of her looking grade A stunning, and I felt kinda crap about it. It wasn't a self shot, so all I could think was "who the hell took that photo!?" then I realised it was one I took months ago which initially made me think "aw I wonder if she remembers that day" but then I thought "I bet she doesn't." Although in reality I'm sure she does, it's just easy to think all sorts of silly things when we don't know their thinking behind it.

The other thing with social networks, is that it's easy to over analyse. I'm one of those weirdos who has managed to retain a decent friendship with my ex, so naturally we're still facebook friends and follow eachother on twitter. I try not to look at her fb and twitter much as I do miss her a lot, but of course her stuff comes up in my news feed from time to time, and it's sooo easy to look at something they've posted and to completely over-analyse and just get it sooo wrong.

One thing I actually find quite hard - on her Twitter, a lot of boys have started tweeting/talking to her on it lately. Everything she says is innocent, but most of the guys are definitely attempting to flirt. When I see that, I have to fight so hard to resist the urge to tell her that the majority of these guys are only really interested in one thing and it's nothing to do with whatever they're talking about on Twitter. *sigh* I think I care too much...

Archived