Psychiatric help for healing?

Hello,I've been thinking should I go for a psychiatric help or something of a kind.I broke with my girl 2 months ago,and she is cold turkey,although some friends have seen her not very happy about it.Will a psychiatric help help me get over it faster,because I have very important things going on in my life right now and i cannot concentrate enough of the important parts rather than breaking up with some girl who doesnt deserve me...

I think that for some people, speaking to a mental health professional (perhaps a psychologist or qualified therapist - a psychiatrist may not be the route to go: psychiatrists will prescribe medication, psychologists will do more of the listening and talking) can be extremely invaluable.

It may help you to get perspective.

And, really, when we are in pain, it just helps to be able to talk to someone about how we are feeling and to be heard.

I think that there are a multitude of things that should/can be done when you are healing from a break-up. Seeing a qualified mental health professional could be a big part of the healing process.

If you can access a qualified mental health professional and if you can find someone who you will feel comfortable with, you should try it and see how it works for you.

In my opinion, it will not make you get over your feelings and emotions for your ex, however, I do believe psychiatric help is an invaluable tool to assist you with understanding your emotions and learning how to deal with the emotions you are feeling.

I don't think there is a short cut for healing your heart, if that is what you are seeking. The healing comes with time, and some people need more time than others. It will come in its own time. It seems that you are firm in your decision that you don't want her in your life....so just remember that whenever you start to second guess yourself. ....

Archived