Bad idea much?

sunshines

Okay so I don't know why on earth I want to hang out with my ex's friend. He was just a kool person and I hung around his friends for about a year. So I know I'm known as the crazy ex. This is probably one of my ex's best friends. Mind you my ex has left the country for a year no communication to anyone except e-mail (military). I asked him if he wanted to hang as friends to this one event. He didn't respond so I just wrote hey it's FB and I know you read this and it sucks and I thought you were a kool person and that was all there was to it.

But I guess a third message saying there are some pretty kool events where I now live that I thought you might like would be too pushy and crazy right?

I don't know why I want to hang out with him? He has a distinct color car and car for that matter and I been seeing it everywhere. Oh ya one of those nutso's who believes in "signs". I just do want to be friends though. Regardless if I remember when I first met him a year ago I said craaaaap. Because I actually felt that "spark" with him and not my now ex. Which I know the ex's are off limits and everyone thinks I'm nuts and me messaging again would be nuts.

So maybe i just need someone to make me see the stupidity of what I'm thinking of doing.

LOL I'm the one asking to hang... as friends with one of my ex's friends.

For some reason I don't hate my ex. If you see my last posts... we dated, he cheated on me with someone in December and I broke it off new years eve. They are now married. One of his other friends said he had a different girl every day of the week (I only saw him weekends, I lived 2 hours away)... so that's why a lot of them think I'm the stupid crazy ex gf.

LOL I'm the one asking to hang... as friends with one of my ex's friends.

For some reason I don't hate my ex. If you see my last posts... we dated, he cheated on me with someone in December and I broke it off new years eve. They are now married. One of his other friends said he had a different girl every day of the week (I only saw him weekends, I lived 2 hours away)... so that's why a lot of them think I'm the stupid crazy ex gf.

I get it. But obviously he is not interested in you because he has not responded to two messages. Just start anew with a different crowd of people. That is my suggestion.

I do not think that there is anything morally wrong with dating an ex, but such an act should be discouraged because of all the implications that follow and the fact that relationships like that tend not to work.

Okay not dating an ex. My ex's friend. He was just a kool guy to be around, not interested in dating him though.

Thanks though.

I meant to say ex's friend. So if he is simply a "kool" guy and you do not want to date him, that is all the more reason not to initiate contact, because he may get the wrong idea. There are plenty of "kool" people out there if you look in the right places.

It the reason you broke up was because your ex deployed and would be away, and you do care and down the road you might reconcile - going after his friend would be a grave mistake. Also, even if you didn't want him back, you are trying to hang on to your ex's world and life. Meet new guys who never knew your ex. Find new circles of friends. I think you want to get with the friend because he's familiar.

I don't care that he was friends with your ex, i'd still be friends with some of my ex's friends just because they were good people - even though i moved on a long time ago.

BUT in your case, you've sent two messages and he has not replied so clearly he is not interested in a friendship with you. So move on. No point waiting around. You might as well go meet people who actually want your friendship.

Archived