Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Maizie Hunt 2013

zep

Earlier this year, after my breakup, I decided 2013 was the year I should find a husband. Upon further reflection, 2013 should be the year I find myself. I *was* 29 year old serial monogomist, who jumped from relationship to relationship without ever really figuring out who I was and what I wanted. Now I am going to make my life about myself. I am going to get to know myself and what I want.

Because it is not all bad, I will start with what I consider to be the 'pros' of my life, then I will go into the cons, the things I want to change, and finally the big decisions:

Pros

I have a good job and I am very satisified with my chosen career path. I think this is one of the big ones in life and I'm happy to have this set.

Great family. I have a good support system back in the US.

Cool base life. I live in a great city in a foreign country, which was definitely something I always wanted to do. Living abroad definitely fits into the idea of the life that I want.

Things to change

I would like to build up my base of friends here. I have a few good friends but the more friends I have the more interesting life experiences I will have.

I would like to be friendlier and more open to new people.

I need to keep my awful, negative, critical and deceptive ex-boyfriend out of my life. This is a big one.

New hobbies! I would like to try some.

Big decisions

The biggest uncertainty I have in my life is whether I will move back to the US to be with my family. I would like to raise my kids near my parents, to be able to take care of my parents when they are older, and to take advantage of the help my family could offer me.

On the other hand, I love living abroad as it is very exciting. If I was 25 I would have no problem staying here another 5 years. It's just I do want to have a family in the US, and I don't want to wait too long.

In any case I have never been single for more than a few months my entire teen/adult life, and it's time to start now! New hobbies, new people, no more toxic ex!

Day One

Day one of not communicating with my confidence and blood-sucking ex. It's actually not that hard, I'm not in love with him anymore, so I don't think this is really going to be a NC journal with him. But having him out of my life already feels fantastic. I can feel the future opening up.

My apartment is tidy, I dressed cute for work and my hair and makeup looks great. I had my eyebrows threaded this weekend for the first time since new years and I feel so much better!! Tonight I am going to do my nails and pick out my outfit for Wens the night before. That way I can make sure everything is lint-free and ironed.

I feel sooo much better when I am put together. I think I will also do a deep-clean of the apartment tonight. I feel back on track.

Also, I am feeling less homesick today. I am glad to be in Europe. While I miss my family the idea of living in boring surburbia makes me kind of ill. I wish the big cities in the US weren't so expensive! I really have no idea where I would live if I moved back.... My home state/city is the obvious choice and it is VERY nice but I just think the city is not big enough. I live in a very large city now so I think it would be hard to go back to anything else. I guess it might be different in a few years... with kids and everything.

Archived