Boyfriend leaving for 3 months. What to do?

faerietale

Hello all, I have several questions and need advice, please.

- My boyfriend is leaving for work to Germany for 3 months. We've been apart before since his work requires him to travel a lot, but the most time we've been apart was just 2 weeks. Therefore, this will be like a long distance relationship and I'm worried about how we're going to communicate and how to avoid issues that will be due to the distance, etc. Any suggestions on how to make these 3 months go by faster and drama-free?

- Also, I want to make him a "bon voyage" gift, something sentimental and sweet so he can take with him on the trip. I think something small and none-edible would be good so he can take with him on the plane, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance and I'm sure I'll be back on here once he does leave since I'll miss him so much. hahah

Aw, I'm sorry. I would be a wreck if my boyfriend had to leave for 3 months. I would suggest Skype. You can talk to him every night, by video or chat. I know the time difference is weird, but I'm sure you can work something out. Just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder. For a care package, I would definitely suggest a homemade CD of all your guys favorite songs, and maybe a few of his favorite DVD's to pass the time. 3 months isn't really all that long to be a part. I'm sure you guys can handle it.

Archived