contacting him - should I go for it?

amyb

There is this guy at my church who I think is really cute, and is also on a dating site that I have used in the past. I decided to quit the online dating thing (although I have kept my profile hidden but not active) because of some disappointing experiences. But because I'm kind of shy with guys, I have a hard time approaching him at church so I am thinking about messaging him on the site. Would that be weird? I figured it should be ok since there is a reason he is on the site i.e. to meet women, right? I guess I am a bit nervous about contacting him so I wanted to get some input. Thanks!

Does the dating site have the option of people seeing who "views" them? If so, how about you check out his profile, so he can see that you have found him and if he is interested he might contact you?

I know this is hard.....the problem you have is if you contact him & he isnt interested it could make things awkward at church.

I dont seem to be much help sorry, good luck & hope things work out with him

There is this guy at my church who I think is really cute, and is also on a dating site that I have used in the past. I decided to quit the online dating thing (although I have kept my profile hidden but not active) because of some disappointing experiences. But because I'm kind of shy with guys, I have a hard time approaching him at church so I am thinking about messaging him on the site. Would that be weird? I figured it should be ok since there is a reason he is on the site i.e. to meet women, right? I guess I am a bit nervous about contacting him so I wanted to get some input. Thanks!

is he a new church member? how do you know you can trust him?

Definitely go for it. He might be really pleased to get a message from you. Keep it nice and cool and very simple to start with - something like Hi, looks like we live in the same area! How are you doing?

Archived