How important is spiritual and emotional enlightenment?

butterflycloud

Hi everyone....

I have recently met a man that is interested in dating. 'On paper' he presents most of what I am looking for but there is a huge gapping hole...He is not spiritually enlightened at all. He seems to be very earth bound by materialism, winning, being overly proud etc...basically ego based all the way. 'I do not stand in judgement of who and what he is but what worries me is that ultimately it wont work because we seem to be on different sides of the ' emotional and spiritual' seesaw...

I have been through much pain in my life and have thus sought deeper meaning in my life, try to let go of ego and to live in gentleness with great consideration for others.. compassion being above all my heart's desire.

Will this relationship work? I have many fears and a child involved so would rather walk away if its not right...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...thanks x

The difference between a spiritually enlightened person and a materialistic person is the difference between sky and ground, it is a more fundamental of a difference than anything else perceivable so I would say you will have your frustrations in the future should you pursue a relationship with him.

Please dont think that I judge him...I dont at all. No one is better than another at the end of the day. We are all just in different spaces for different reasons...just wanting to know if our spaces could merge....
Well, you say things like 'overly proud', 'earthbound by materialism', 'ego based all the way'. Do you not think that is judgemental?

Archived