How do I know when I have healed?

Just thought if anyone had a answer to the question of being healed after you break up with someone and it leads to divorce. I left my husband in March of this year. I know that a new relationship wasn't the best thing to get into after only being broken up for 5 months, but I have been with someone new and found REAL happiness since September of this year. I don't miss my ex, I just would like some opinions about knowing if there is ever a time that I will know if I am completely healded. Everyone in this world has said that we never are completely healed, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks it is possible. Any thoughts would be great.

I don't know what you mean by completely healed. You will probably always feel a sense of remorse and failure that your marriage broke up, I know I do. I don't think 5 months is too short a time frame to meet someone new but you have to learn to separate the two relationships. Time will make things easier but I'm sure in quiet moments you will have melancholic feelings. That would be completely normal.

i agree with shes2smart. its when you feel no more extreme emotions for that person. you can look at them & say it was a part of my life that had its ups & downs & now its over. theres no bitterness or hostility, you feel at peace or indifferent when they cross your mind. if it still pokes at your heart or makes you really upset far down the line, maybe you just didnt get the closure you needed, or maybe just maybe that person will always have a tender place in your heart...its possible.

-DG724