Dumpees, new relationship?

BlueKitten

I think this depends on whether the relationship ended suddenly, or if you knew it wasn't going to work out for a long time before the breakup. I dated one guy for four years. The last year of it, we both knew it wasn't going to work out. After the breakup, we both started dating other people within a month. My current breakup was very sudden, and I can't imagine dating anyone else for a long time.

One relationship of 21 years,it's been nearly one year and three month's since BU and until recently i didn't even look at a girl.

I've just started getting feeling's for an amazing girl, it feel's awsome and i know she likes me to.

It makes you feel alive again.

Don't rush into anything though OP,take time out for yourself first and the rest will fall into place.

I was with someone almost 7 years. its been 9 months since breakup, 4 months NC... And just now am starting to feel comfortable with liking guys again. I find myself being very cautious.... I love my freedom and being on my own, but I also would like that companionship again...

I am just letting things happen on their own, if I meet a guy great. if not, its ok. FINALLY I am ok with being on my own, fear of being alone kept me in a misrrable relationship for too long

I'm 37 yrs old and had been with my ex for 22 of those years. Just recently got dumped on xmas day for a girl he had only known 3 weeks. My life is destroyed since this came out of the blue but honestly I can't imagine ever dating again. I wouldn't know where to start cuz I have been with him since I was 14. Its really sad and pathetic I guess

4 year relationship (overlap of about 2 months)-----it should have ended 1+ years before it did (I ended this one)

3 year relationship (7 months)----though I did date, but didnt want any labels etc.

3 year relationship (2 months n change)

Im a get back up, dust yourself off and start trying again type. I knew when I wasnt comfortable....but also knew I felt worst sitting at home and not doing anything to HELP myself.

Mr. Right isnt going to knock on my front door LOOKING for me.....so I could either sit at home in my own misery and feeling crappy----or I could go out and get involved in things I liked, meeting new people along the way...and possibly potential dates!

Every time----I enjoyed my me time, my friend time, my do whatever the hell I want when I want time.....but most of all being ACTIVE in looking made me feel in control of my destiny and less that someone did something to me (break up) and more like another opportunity was right around the corner.

When it feels right and you aren't thinking about your ex is the right time.

I do not believe in prescriptions for matters of the heart. However, I DO believe in taking some time alone for at least 2 months after any relationship terminates to collect yourself and grieve.

Archived