Good Quote to Keep in Mind

Here's a quote I came accross for something unrelated to my healing, but I thought it was good to keep in mind the message here...

“We are living in a culture entirely hypnotized by the illusion of time, in which the so-called present moment is felt as nothing but an infinitesimal hairline between an all-powerfully causative past and an absorbingly important future. We have no present. Our consciousness is almost completely preoccupied with memory and expectation. We do not realize that there never was, is, nor will be any other experience than present experience. We are therefore out of touch with reality -- " Alan Wilson Watts

I believe it's our ego that causes this false perception and preoccupation with past and present. Once you start living for the present moment rather than worrying so much about future possibilities and past scenarios then life truly becomes so much more simple and ultimately peaceful. You should check out Eckhart Tolle's books "The Power of Now" or "A New Earth", I think you would be very intrigued by its premise the guy is fantastic.

Archived