First date with new guy..want it to go well

Sirenia

This is my second date since the breakup but I like him more than the first guy. I really want this to go well.

Any particular tips? I already know all the basic obvious stuff like: dress well but not be indecently exposed, be on time, be polite/friendly/positive, etc etc, don't talk about anything controversial.. but anything in particular I can do or say? (please no generic advice like "just be yourself" - what does that mean anyway?)

Do you think he would like it if I flirted? would it show I'm too keen/desperate?

I met him online and I know he chats to many other girls (as everyone online does) so I really want this to go well, to show I am better than "the others" if that makes sense.

At the same time I am going to have very low expectations. I don't want to get all excited over nothing if it turns out to be nothing.

Easy peezy

• Be Friendly
  • Wear Something Nice
  • Be Flirty
  • Maybe you have to drive the situation so that he picks up on your signal e.g. Do something that makes him give u his coat or hold hands.
  • Talk about the generic subjects (Work) be sure to keep the conversation flowing. My topics go from Family -> Work -> Holidays and Places ive been -> Friends that usually sticks until the other person opens up.
  • Be sure he knows u like him as he has probably other women hes looking at too so you need to stand out.
  • Be Genuine with him if hes bein silly tell him. Even try and provoke him in a cute way by a light slap or something.
  • Tell him you like his eyes and that he makes you feel special.
  • Probe his job and his friends guys dont generally get defensive about this and like that your taking an intrest.

Hope this helps.

Archived