Does he like me? Is he just being nice?

Solari

Hello, everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I decided to try it out. ^_^

Anyhow, I'm rather attracted to this one person in my genetics class. However, I don't know if he likes me back. There are many times when I feel that he does, and there are many other times that I feel that he's just being nice to me.

He always talks to me and he always says 'hello' and he always insists on walking with me to class, even if I don't really notice that he's there. He seems to want to do whatever I do, and he often requests to be my partner. He used to sit accross the room from me, but now he's moved so that he sits right in front of me. He starts to talk a LOT to me, too. And since we're working in a lab, he seems to always want to do the same project that I'm working on. He also sometimes gets into this habit of being kind of 'macho' or whatever with other guys, or at least that's what I think it is. He sometimes picks one of those (immature) playful fights with others.

But the thing is, he could just be being friendly. Everyone else in the class, he knows really well (I'm two years younger than everyone else in the class, and have never seen him or others in my class before), so he could just be being nice. Sometimes he walks with his friends to class or doesn't say a word to me at all some days. It's really starting to frustrate me, and I start to think that he really doesn't take that much of an interest. I'd like to take those things that I've listed above as an indication that he's interested, but I just keep second-guessing myself. Is there anything else that I should look for, or is it just a lost cause?

Thanks...

-Elizabeth

It's hard to say. Is he doing this with any of the other girls? If he is, he may just be friendly. If not, someone may have a crush.

I wouldn't read into it too much. People think too much. I know, easier said than done, but why not ask? It's better to be rejected and know, rather than be safe and never know. That is what starts regrets!