How much? And when?

single30

Hi There.

I'm new to the dating scene. I am a 30 year old female.

I have been on one date. We kissed, more of a 3 minute make out session. We are getting together on Friday for our second date. I don't plan on doing more than that again, but when does it start to be okay to do more? I don't want to come off as being easy and want to be taken seriously as a person (not that I'm ready to be in a serious relationship). I just don't want to be seen as an object. We seem to have pretty strong physical chemistry... Thanks!

I would tell the guy you went out with that your interested in him, and you want to get to know him better, but want to take things slow. If he's interested in you for more than just sex, than he will more than understand, and will go slow enough to give you both time to feel comfortable with each other. Just go slow, maybe a little more kissing each time you meet, but as for sex, I would personally wait until you where both comfortable, and had a chance to find out more about each other. I can't really tell you when certain things should happen, becasue everyone is different, but you will both know when the time is right.

I honestly wouldn't make that big a deal out of it. It's only 2 dates. He's going to try to gauge where you are with him in part based on how you act with him. If he tried to push things farther and you put the brakes on, he may back off entirely, but there are other ways to show him you like him at your own pace.

I think if you go to him with a speech about all this, you may overguess where he is and scare him off. Why make a big thing out of it?