Why is she talking to me? Is there a chance?

Rockyr87

So my ex and I broke up about a month ago. That entire time frame was basically a NC period. Last week she texted me really late and we had some bs misunderstanding and the next day I got really mad at her and sent her this really mean email. She told me she was seeing someone and that there was no chance for us. The weird thing is she texted me on my birthday recently as well and it seem alright. When I asked her why she just said "it's your birthday". The even weirder thing is that she's still talking to me even though she said there's no going back and it's really friendly (or so it seems). Could this mean something or am I looking too much into it?

It kinda depends on how well her new relationship is going

Its possible that she could be placing you back in her life because things with her boyfriend are headed south. Kinda a safety net

On the other hand, she may be in a good relationship and is reaching out to you as a friend.

You didn't say how long you guys were together, but I'm guessing that a month is not a long enough time for her to get over you completely, so there's probably a bit of hope...

Well a couple of other weird things I've noticed are when I asked her if she missed the good times we had she kinda danced around it and gave me a cop out answer. She didn't seem to want to confront some of the negative things that she did in the relationship either. I want to believe she's not over me, but I can't tell. It's driving me nuts

If there is already another person involved, it's best for you to stay away. In time, when the rebound relationship crumbles, she'll eventually compare that what she had with you is better(if applicable) and will miss you. Staying friends with her will only benefit her, while leaving you hanging on a thread of hope.

I guess..but why would she keep talking to me if she's seeing someone new? She didn't have to say anything to me from the beginning yet she did. Why does it have to be so confusing..

How long were you in a relationship with her? Depending on the length of the relationship, chances are she is still not over you yet. This being said, she is using, pardon my term, but that is for lack of better word, you to move on/progress her relationship with the new guy. She wants some reassurance that she still has you and since you are talking to her, that just confirms it all. The best you can do right now is stay away from her so you won't keep trying to decipher what she's saying.

How long were you in a relationship with her? Depending on the length of the relationship, chances are she is still not over you yet. This being said, she is using, pardon my term, but that is for lack of better word, you to move on/progress her relationship with the new guy. She wants some reassurance that she still has you and since you are talking to her, that just confirms it all. The best you can do right now is stay away from her so you won't keep trying to decipher what she's saying.

I'd say I was with her almost 5 months. Things seemed to move kinda quick though. She said there's no going back which kinda sounds like saying she's over me, but maybe not. Now maybe this is just me hoping for something, but it seemed like when I brought up said good times like I said before her demeanor towards me changed a little bit. I'm not sure..probably just me making it look like what I want it to look like.

I'd say I was with her almost 5 months. Things seemed to move kinda quick though. She said there's no going back which kinda sounds like saying she's over me, but maybe not. Now maybe this is just me hoping for something, but it seemed like when I brought up said good times like I said before her demeanor towards me changed a little bit. I'm not sure..probably just me making it look like what I want it to look like.

I've read your previous threads and I can see that you had been talking to her the past few months, which may have already given her enough time to really move on,with you being there all the time. So, the answer to your question about why she is talking to you is simple guys had become friends now... I'm sorry,man. Remember, she broke up with you, so if she had wanted you back, she could have made the effort to do so instead of moving on to another relationship. We can give you all the advice that we know may benefit YOU, but only you have the power whether to follow what we've been telling you here or not.

The other day she told me she wanted to see me again and spend another night with me. That caught me off guard more than anything. She kind of avoided it after she mentioned it and we haven't talked about it again since. Do you think it was just a fluke? For some reason though she hasn't said a word to me since this morning.

What do you mean by keeping my self respect intact? Could she have just been stringing me along?

What I'm saying is, why would you want to spend the night, or even communicate with a girl who has dumped you and is dating someone else? By choosing to engage in this scenario, you're taking away your self respect, as well as allowing her to have her cake and eat it too...so to speak.

Archived