Eye-contact issues with girls, cute and non attractive girls

Superus

I don't know what's going on but I've recently noticed a pattern.

Everytime I talk to a non attractive girl, she always maintains eye contact when talking to me. Never fails, just had a chat with a non attractive girl and she looked directly in my eyes when talking.

Everytime I talk to a attractive girl they almost never give me the same eye contact as a non attractive girl. Wether it be looking down or left right .

There is this another girl in class that doesn't even talk to me. Not attractive but I always make the effort into talking to her. Sometimes I wouldn't even talk to her in class. She never approaches me or anything. She added me on Facebook which I thought was weird and she wrote me a long MSG about wanting me to join a program.

Why couldn't she tell me this in class? She added me Monday but I accepted it Friday. I saw her Friday. So she had chances to tell me in person. Her eye contact skills are ok but not good.

What gives?

Attractive girls simply have more options so they have the (incorrect) idea that they don't have to work all that hard by showing interest, i.e. maintaining eye contact.

Less attractive girls are less likely to receive as much attention as attractive girls so maintaining eye contact could be unintentional, almost as though they're fascinated by this person giving them attention.

(I notice the same thing with attract guys... their eyes shift like they're all looking for something else.)

As for the girl in your class she's probably shy or her interest level is low.

Either way, take her message as a good sign.

Push the envelope next time you talk to her by... touching her or something,

PS Prepare to get hated for this post.

I seriously question the attractiveness factor of people on this site because they generally don't offer a perspective from the "attractive" person's eyes.

It's always something like "Looks don't matter," blah, blah blah, lol.

Well, i know i'm not ugly. I've dated really attractive girls, Girls that almost all my friends (or so called friends) tried to hit on her. (she would tell me everytime) When i first met her she never gave me any hints that she liked me. i actually had to hear from one of her friends that she did like me.

The school i go to now is brand new so i don't have that much friends. It's only the 3rd week. So it's hard to know anything.

but i've just got out of a relationship of 4 years and i'm really rusty. So i can't tell if these girls are attracted to me or just don't want to maintain eye contact as much as the non attractive girls.

I was just in class Thursday and I noticed this cute girl in class. Anyway, she sits in the front and i sit in the 3rd row. the girl next to me asked a question and the cute girl turns around. I didn't even notice but i randomly looked at her direction and i could have sworn she was looking at me. I maintained, but i turned away because i wasn't sure if she was looking at me. Then, i noticed she turned away. I then waited a little bit and she did it again. i couldn't tell if she was looking at me. so then this time she broke what i think was eye contact and she licked her lips. i was like wth. to top it off, i had to stay after class to speak to my teacher. guess who was the last one to leave? the cute girl. everyone left the class except her. well maybe there were 2 girls in the class waiting to talk to the teacher. i didn't want to look at her leave the class but i did at one point but again, when i did look i could of sworn i saw her looking at me with her peripheral vision. not sure if these are signs but with my self esteem right now i choose to believe "why would she look at me, she's too attractive" well, i think she is.

How long are you trying to maintain eye contact. If a person is not interested in you and you maintain long contact they will feel uncomfortable and look away. There is a normal amount of eye contact when we converse. If people can't make eye contact they are shy , or hiding something from you. If people go beyond normal conversational eye contact they are interested in you.

Read that somewhere, seems to work.

Archived