Using "twitter" to connect/talk to people

Lansing

I posted a message a while back how I accidently "followed" a girl I was interested in, and then I was worried she might see that I followed her and think I was a stalker... Anyway, I think I unfollowed her quickly enough that she probably never got the notification.

A few days ago I met another girl at an event and I had actually met her already about a month ago but didn't think to exchange contact details then. I chatted with her more a few days ago and then I saw she tweeted about the event we were at... During our chat a few days ago I didn't think to ask her contact info just because there was a lot going on and I couldn't tell if she was just friendly or maybe felt a connection as well. Anyway, after seeing her tweet (while searching for info on the event) I was thinking of contacting her via twitter but wondering if it could come accross as weird... I guess, if the girl is interested, she would like it, if she isn't interested, she could think I was creepy/weird..

Facebook, twitter, and the like, have always caused me problems in my dating life. For this reason, under no circumstances do I ever accepted a friend request from a girl I'm dating or thinking about dating. I don't actually use twitter, but if I did, I wouldn't follow a girl that I have an interest in.

It's for the reasons you mentioned, you don't want to seem like a creepy stalker. At the same time, I don't want them stalking me or digging up dirt on old flames etc.

Archived