Embarrassing "twitter" moment, watch whose twitter feed you check out...

Lansing

So, I met a girl back in July at a festival I was at. Seemed like we could get along/had things in common so decided to ask for her number just to see if there was more potential after a coffee hang out or whatever. She seemed excited/interested. Well after my first call went unanswered and my first text wasn't returned I gave it one more call/message but no response so figured I would move on.

I was hanging out with my ex and we ended up running into her at another event, I just talked to her briefly but was friendly/etc. I was tempted to ask her out right there and then because I still felt a "vibe" but figured that would be hard to pull off with my ex there so just was friendly. I figured I was already rejected in my attempts to follow up so I didn't bother contacting her again but I decided to do the whole "google" search on her and came accross her twitter. Well, I took another look at it today and I realized that somehow I was following her! I guess I did it by accident before or now, I unfollowed her right away when I noticed it but I am guessing she probably got an e-mail notification about it.... I feel pretty embarrassed because she might think that I am a weird stalker or something now! It was just curiosity more than anything. I feel like I probably just ruined any chance of us hanging out in the future if I ran into her at other events/etc. I guess I feel that "twitter" is different than "Facebook" in the sense of adding non-celeb people you aren't so close with.... Maybe not, regardless, I don't have a FB account.

Guess it gets back to a previous thread here, if I girl has no intention of answering my call/hanging out again I would rather her to be a bit cold and not bubbly/look excited/ initiating hugs with me/ super friendly/ etc and to not give me her number.

I am on twitter. I use it to share articles and stuff. And to be honest, I don't even read my notifications of new followers. Have around 1000 now, so unless I happen to see the notification flash on the phone, I'd have no idea.

Worry about the @-replies. The follow is meaningless. Especially if she has a pic up, she probably gets lots of random followers.

But I guess, to follow someone totally random/celeb/etc isn't a big deal. I have had random people add me too (maybe some spam/companies that want me to notice). But, I have my real name on twitter so it seems to me that it would seem weird, like that I tracked her down...

Anyway, I am not going to be reactive or mention it/bring it up if I do run into her but just though I would share so others are careful

Archived