Hello everybody,

my ex boyfriend broke up with me about five months ago. We were friends for 6 months and were dating each other for only 3 weeks.

The six months we spoke to each other I knew he was interested in dating me but he never had the courage to ask me out. Finally he did with some hints from me.

when we were officially dating I did many stupid things like praising my other guy friend, saying how I enjoy their company. My ex is a serious guy not very funny. But I used to love him the way he was.

One day out of the blue he tells me he wants to break up. we had little quarrels. And once I said that I dont thing our relationship was a good idea. the next day he tells me he wants to breakup.

i used to see him in school. for the first two months I did not try to speak to him in person. But I called him twice and spoke very normally.

later once i smiled at him in school and he waved me back. But i did not go and talk to him because it was hard to be friends.

Then one of our common friends told him that i was saying nasty things about him (one of my friends told me). He got really mad and has stopped responding to me.

I went to him and told him i need to talk to him. he said he did not want to talk about anything.

its been one month now and I want to talk to him and just be friends nothing more what to you guys think I should do?

Should I call him or not?

In pretty much every "platonic friendship" between a man and woman, one of them wants more. It sounds like he wanted to date you the 6 months you were "friends."

Now that you're not dating, he doesn't need to try to be your friend. He's going to spend his time looking for other girls. Girls who will be "more than friends."

It sucks, but thats how it goes sometimes.