How to only be friends?

I haven't posted on here in over a year. Last time I was here I was going through a break up with my ex. It's been over 2 years since we went our separate ways. I know I still love her but I've dated several different women since but she still seems to come out on top. We have just started back talking to for about the past 2 months. In which there are obviously still some feelings between us of some kind. She denies that she has any feelings for me and I accepted that. So now I'm just trying to be there for her as a friend and nothing more. How can I pull this off without falling for her again? Even though I don't believe her when she says she doesn't have feelings.

If you are starting to have any small feelings come back to the surface, it's a sign that you should probably avoid becoming any closer to her. If she already has a boyfriend, and you are ok with him in the picture without being jealous since he was there before, then it might work out. If she is actively trying to date others, that may become more frustrating as she will probably tell you all about her dates and adventures as a friend.

You will have to believe her when she tells you she does not have any feelings for you. Listen to what she says, and do not try to change her mind.

She doesn't have a boyfriend and she is not actively dating either. And the only reason I say I don't believed her is because her actions and words have always been opposite. I do realize that I cant try to make her have feelings for me if she says she doesnt though. Just looking for advice on how to be there for her without letting my feelings get in the way.

Just looking for advice on how to be there for her without letting my feelings get in the way.

The best thing you can do is to have no contact with her.

Friends with and Ex is almost an impossible mission if you where the one who was dumped.

Feelings will always be around, and not be able to let them out, and get a positive response, It will only make you more unhappy.

Archived