Why does it feel like I'm cheating?

I haven't been with my ex for awhile but everytime I meet someone new I feel like I'm cheating on him. I don't know why I feel that way. Has anybody ever felt like this before?

Most likely you never had "closure" in the last relationship. Bascially in life there are going to be situations and relationships that you will never have "formal" closure but when your able to realize that 90% of the time your never going to get that closure you feel the previous relationship or situation deserve it will make things moving forward much easier to move on to and help you grow as a person.

I feel the same way after a breakup. When you still have feelings for someone, you can't help but feel like you're cheating because, in a way, you are attached. Its good that you're getting out there and dating, but you could probably benefit from doing some inner work to get over this guy before you think about meeting someone else. If you get attached to someone else while you still have these residual feelings, you'll just be on the rebound - which isn't fair to you or the new guy.

Good luck

You need more time to heal and process the loss of your relationship. It's not just merely the physical absence of that person, but trying to learn what went wrong, what your roll was in the demise, and how you will approach relationships in the future. Take your time in this crucial healing phase and give yourself the gift of learning what you need to learn ...to grow.

There is no time line.

Archived