Hey!

Well, as you probly already know, things haven't been going all that well lately.....It just seems like everything is faling apart.....I went to see the psychologist a few times...and she thinks I might be having a depression....

Does anyone have any advice??

How long does it usually take to go away???.....Is it normal that I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore?...

Thx!!

I used to think I had depression. Especially since my mom has it and it can be hereditery... I would just keep seein the therapist and get it all out. It'll take a long time to go away. I can just tell ya don't put up a mask. Show your true self. Cry if ya need to. And maybe if you tell your friends a little more they'll understand it worked for me. hold on! it'll get better

depresion takes it's own sweet time depending on how you go about beating it. trust is an issue of the heart that can never be overcomed. once something affects your trust to the point of depression it's hard to go back. my advice would be take it slow get on your own two feet try to trust yourself to pick you up when you fall, when you know where you stand alone you can find where you stand with other people. trust isn't a gift it's a flaw in self-defence.

I suffered severe depression a couple of years ago after I kicked a pack-a-day cigarette habit. My doc put me on anti-depressants, and it took about 6 months to come right.

Medication can be a very good thing. Also make sure you are getting plenty of exercise, sleep, and the right food. Avoid any stress at work/school.

And remember, if you are suffering depression, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. 1 in 5 people have a mental illness at some point in their life. It just means your brain is under a bit of strain and its chemicals have gotten a bit out of whack. With the right treatment you can be back to normal in no time.

Ya depression takes time because i was told i was diagnosed with depression like 3 months ago.I have been taking those pills ever since then and if i forget a day then i usually seem to become depressed like i used too.And even sometimes when i become very stressed out and too much is going on my pills start to not work and i feel very depressed out of no where.Just one question?Is that a picture of you?Cause i thought that most of the time people who r depressed r usually ugly like me and look like they have problems thats how i always see it.Cause ur pretty if thats ur pic and most people that i know who r depressed such as myself r usually ugly but hey its a disorder so iono.

Ya i know.Im just talking about the fact that ugly people usually r put down most of their lives for some reason.So they tend to be very low on confidence and self esteem.Ah iono what im talking about probably anyways im too stupid about these subjects...Im just depressed to the point where i feel like total crap and want to die

Hey, you're not stupid, or ugly!

Do you have someone you can talk to? These boards are good for getting advice but I think you need to talk to a friend or family member... do you know anyone that has suffered depression before that you can talk to?

I know exactly what you're going through as I have felt that way before but you can find your way out of the dark and have a healthy head again. Maybe the medication isn't what you need... like I was saying in an earlier post... are you looking after yourself physically too? Like with exercise, lots of sleep and the right food?

Exercise is the best medicine for the brain as it gets your endorphines flowing, which make you feel good, and is essential on the road to recovery.

I think you need to seek help from someone close who you can count on to always be there for you. It's an awful feeling you have, I know, but there are always people willing to help.

Ya iono i dont really do any of those things well that you are asking me.I get about 3-4 hours of sleep every night because im constantly up late at night depressed and thinking about stuff that i just cant get off my mind or stop thinking about.I probably eat about one to sometimes 2 times a day depending on how good my mood is.Like if im really depressed i never get the feel to want to eat and when i feel happy i sually eat a lil bit more.Havent been excersising as much as i used to.I used to be in cross country for awhile but then now up here there is nothing to do so i seclude myself form society when im not with my friends and play these games because im too insecure around new people i always feel like they r judging me or putting me down.And as for do i have anyone to talk to that im confortable with?No not at all i have nobody i truly trust not even my own parents with the problems i have.i feel like i cant talk to any of these people cause they quite dont understand.This is partly why i think i feel so alone and empty.