Bored TALKING TO GF

Sad Boy

Hi im 18

Ive been in relation with this girl for 8 months and at this point we hav nothing to talk but we want to talk,

Im litreally bored talking or texting(we text all day long) and she is too.

and i almost know everything in her life , her hobbies, her favs, her aims, her dreams, her friends, her fav music, her friends, her family, childhood stuff..everything

I really love her but at this point we are bored talking to each other!

help uss!!!!!

what to talk ?

How to make it exciting and NOT BORING?

Ah I've been in this predicament before and here is my advice: Although it feels counter intuitive but just because you are dating someone and even married to someone does not mean you have to spend every waking minute in touch. It may seem like a good way to build a strong bond, which it does but only to an extent after you reach a certain point it'll be going against you not only do you feel bored, so does she. Usually this results in either you or her questioning the relationship rather then how you two maintain it. Being selfless and spending time with your SO is vitally important to a healthy and rewarding relationship however being with ones self is equally important. Make time for yourself in which your gf cannot have access to, find the correct balance between self and gf unique to your relationship and you'll be a happy guy.

Texting all day long is boring. I'm surprised you've kept it up this long, without getting bored sooner. I would hazard a guess that you have not run out of things to talk about, but that you are just texting too often.

Spend more time together in person, and in between dates, cut down on the texting.

At 18 you are way too young to be staying to committed to someone who have dry conversation with. If communication has become boring I'd make 2 suggestions:

1. Slow down the texts. Texting about your every move all day long will get boring with anybody! One of my girlfriends texts me all the time because she doesn't talk to many people - I love her and we've been best friends for years, but it drives me nuts! JUST NOW! She messaged me to say she's itchy!! lol Texting all day will make convo dry with anyone. Its time to cool that down so you'll have something to talk about when you meet up.

2. Go out and do new things! Have something to laugh about together. Maybe find a mutual hobby you both enjoy, like playing a sport or game, and get into that.

If this doesn't work, the problem may not be that you have nothing to talk about, it may just be that you have nothing in common. If you don't connect on an intellectual level and you find each other boring, this relationship is just a glorified booty call. You're so young! If you find real love at 18, that's great. But if you feel like you're settling for less, then why bother continuing this?

If the conversation sucks now, what's it going to be like when you're 40?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi im 18

Ive been in relation with this girl for 8 months and at this point we hav nothing to talk but we want to talk,

Im litreally bored talking or texting(we text all day long) and she is too.

and i almost know everything in her life , her hobbies, her favs, her aims, her dreams, her friends, her fav music, her friends, her family, childhood stuff..everything

I really love her but at this point we are bored talking to each other!

help uss!!!!!

what to talk ?

How to make it exciting and NOT BORING?

I'll repeat what I tell everyone. Quit texting for conversation. Only text if you have something to say like "hey I'm running 15 minutes late". Besides, you're only 18... you guys should be doing other stuff all day.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with everyone ehre who said you should be limiting your contact with her , chat just once a day . take some time for yourself without talking to her a whole day even . when you have e a life of your own I am sure you can coem accross of interesting things or funny stuff . also , find something you two can talk about in common , whether it's a class together , or a certain tv show , something from the news , or maybe even a bit of non hurtful gossip , can give you alot of ideas on what to talk about . if you want to keep it exciting in a way , sllow yourself to be creative and ridicilous at times , or focus on the feelings those things give you , and the deeper views each of you has on certain things .

plus , going out somewhere will naturally draw situations to you where you'll talk about the randomest things

Archived