Missed a opportunity...

Loriana

Ever been hit on in public?...it's happens so unexpected that it catches you off guard, well that's what happened to me anyway.

Yesterday morning I walked past a house that was being completely refurbished, a builder appeared in my path and he looked up at me. He was tall, slim build and had tanned skin, I was too shy to look at his face so I don't know what colour eyes or hair he has. I think he had dark hair, but I can't really remember, when I get nervous or anxious I can't seem to think straight!

He sat down on the floor to tie his shoe laces up and said to me "Ooh, Good morning" the way he said it kinda sounded flirty to me, or maybe he was being friendly, I don't know. I haven't come accross many guys who just start talking to you in the street to be polite.

Anyway as I said it was so unexpected that I just kinda got nervous like I usually do, I managed to sound friendly when I greeted him back whilst staring at the bushes instead of into his eyes! I was so nervous and anxious, thinking "why is he talking to me?" that I just carried on walking, I heard him say "How are you?" and I felt so stupid walking away thinking the conversation was over that I just couldn't turn back around and simply say "I'm good thanks, how are you" because it would have made me look stupid. And I already probably looked stupid saying "Hey" to a bush.

The fact that I got acknowledged and paid attention to kinda made my morning. I want to kick myself, I wish I wouldn't have been so nervous so I could have talked to him. I know it's kinda silly me being worked up about a stranger, but I am and I don't know why!

I walked past the house today when I was coming home and I saw one of the several builders coming out of the house and we made eye contact, but I don't know if it was the builder that was talking to me yesterday! So I just walked away.

I really want a second chance to talk to him, but I don't know if I will get one now!

Sorry, just felt I had to get my frustration with myself written down, feel free to leave a comment if you want...

I have the same experience twice! I remember these guys because they're outstanding and different from the guys who hit on me before.

The first guy was 2 years ago, my gf and I sat next to his table at the restaurant. He was with his mom and brother, but he kept looking at me. When he was leaving, he approached my table and asked for my phone number. Something about him made me attracted to him, maybe chemistry. I gave him my phone number but because I just changed my number, I couldn't remember my phone number and gave him the wrong one! Of course I never received any of his call. Sometimes I wonder what would it be if I had a date with him.

Second one, was just a week ago. My gf and I were at the restaurant, when we walked out, one guy ran to approach me and asked if he could get to know me more. Because I'm in relationship, but somewhat I admire his courage, I gave him my email address. Half and hour later, he emailed me and told me about himself. The way he wrote the email and his honesty plus down to earth personality really touched me. I wanted to reply him and said I admired his courage but I have boyfriend already. When I showed his email to my sister with my iphone, my sis accidentally press the "trash" button, and his email was gone! I was actually kind of sad but there's nothing I could do. I can only hope he will email me again and give me the opportunity to express my feelings toward him.

Your post made me chuckle.

If you see him again just try to be more sociable. Prepare in your head what you will do. This will even help for the next time a different man does it.

I doubt he will even care about the last time so long as you actually make eye contact and as hello the next time.

If anything he probably realized you were shy and if he truly is interested will get the message from yo if you just smile, wave, say hello, anything.

Have fun.

Wish I would have stuck around long enough to give him my number if he asked for it!

That sucks that your sis deleted the email he sent you by accident!, if he's really interested in you then he might email you again, never say never!

I had a little chuckle from this too, you seem very shy but that's not a bad thing! Just know that things like this will continue to happen when you least expect, and if you are content with yourself as a person then you shouldn't have major issues with it. If you find yourself really out of tune on how to socialize with people, try to find the cause of it. Is it the way you perceive yourself, or perhaps how you think they perceive you?

People who are self-confident tend to be self-validated, meaning they don't seek validation from the outside world (so much). I'm not saying that's your issue, but I think with practice and a little self-exploration you'll do just fine. If you pass by the house again and make eye contact with any builder, just say "Hi, how are you?"... you'll very likely get a response.

Little encounters like this (however minor) can be a great boost to your ego and confidence, so do it more often!

Your post made me chuckle.

If you see him again just try to be more sociable. Prepare in your head what you will do. This will even help for the next time a different man does it.

I doubt he will even care about the last time so long as you actually make eye contact and as hello the next time.

If anything he probably realized you were shy and if he truly is interested will get the message from yo if you just smile, wave, say hello, anything.

Have fun.

Glad I made you laugh haha! And thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! Hopefully i'll get to talk to him again if I'm lucky!

Your post made me chuckle too, lol.

I always mess this up.

It's difficult when you don't know if you'll ever see the guy again so you just gotta ask yourself or be extremely obvious.

Easier said than done, I know.

I've seen this 1 guy (who lives like 3 houses down, lol) for 3 years and all I've ever said is "HI" because he sees me when I'm running with my dog looking like ass

Well, I've always been pretty shy to be honest, I have some anxiety issues, I do worry how others perceive me, I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I can't help it, It's just how my brain works I guess!

Confidence is a thing i'm forever working on, but I guess I just need to try and take a deep breath and relax as much as I can if that happens again. And thanks for the advice, If I make eye contact with any of the builders again I will say "Hi" without feeling like if I say it, they'll think i'm weird (hopefully haha!)

I think you did just fine.

Other people realize people can be shy.

Unless he is totally clueless to obvious clues he will realize you were only being shy as soon as you make contact again. Any sort of small contact. A person who is try to ignore you doesn't go out of their way to make contact. S he will know. He doesn't already know you are shy.

He might make the next contact himself and just keep easing himself in until he knows you feel more comfortable.

And if anything you may have just made a nice new friend who is good with handy work if nothing more. So don't be so hard on yourself. You probably charmed him.

I think you did just fine.

Other people realize people can be shy.

Unless he is totally clueless to obvious clues he will realize you were only being shy as soon as you make contact again. Any sort of small contact. A person who is try to ignore you doesn't go out of their way to make contact. S he will know. He doesn't already know you are shy.

He might make the next contact himself and just keep easing himself in until he knows you feel more comfortable.

And if anything you may have just made a nice new friend who is good with handy work if nothing more. So don't be so hard on yourself. You probably charmed him.

Thank you for the advice! Well, it's morning here in England and I'll be leaving the house in about an hour or so, Hopefully I might see him if i'm lucky!

Archived