Dug myself into a hole. Gotta dig myself out!

I am talking to this woman who I'm really interested in. She's interested in me as well but we live so far from each other, we can't really see each other and be a real couple. We talk on the phone for hours and hours just about every night. Anyways, she knows I have feelings for her but she might think I think she's not that pretty. Why? Because when she recently asked the question, "What type of women do you like?" and I answered "Looks aren't important."

It was boneheaded because this woman is GORGEOUS. She might think for some reason now, I don't like her looks. We've known each other for 4 years now but we've been talking to each other for 4 months. We told one another that we liked each other for years and that got us talking in the first place. Now, she might think I NEVER liked her looks and thought she was just "alright" from the get go. But I always thought she was hot.

When she kept asking me what I meant by "Looks aren't important.", I was confused, didn't know what to say and as I tried explaining it to her, I was digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole. (D'oh!) LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT!!! For some reason, I didn't want to say that they were. (?) I was afraid she might've thought I was shallow. I don't know what the hell I was saying. How can I salvage this? Because I said what I said, I hope she's not relegating me to the "friends" list. Because as we all now, friends... well... they go off the air!

Well you are over reacting, its really not that big of a deal what you told her. If you have known eachother for this long telling her that looks isnt important shouldnt change anything. Since you already told eachother that you liked one another. Dont worry about this and move on to other things.

Yeah, I also think you're over reacting a little bit, but its ok to be worried... the easiest thing to do would be explain to her!

Just say something like "you remember the other night when I said looks aren't important? well, what I meant was that personality is more important to me. But I just wanted to tell you that I think you're very good looking and you have a great personality as well."

Well, you know what I mean - just explain to her and it'll all be fine