Should I quit this relationship?

LMJ

In the long run I'm not if that is her perpetual lifestyle. How many married wives go partying more frequently than they spend with their hubby if at all. If a woman cannot understand that from the courtship phase forward, then its a deal breaker. Makes sense from both genders point of view in my opinion. I'm not a player and only date women I think I would have a future with. Just mind boggling.

Been a few days since I commented, so not sure if anything new has happened but I'll respond anyways.

You can analyze your issue from an infinite amount of differentiating perspectives and come up with an infinite amount of answers -- none of which will leave you feeling better. The bottom line is that you two are at different stages in your lives, and you are obviously not going to backtrack to fit in with the lifestyle that she lives because you are ready for a deeper connection than that stage has to offer.

However, you can't force her to fast-forward up to your stage either. A relationship should never be forced, in any way. She will settle down when she is ready.

Thanks for asking to all. What transpired is we reconciled but there remained some resentment on both sides then as time progressed we both feel better. I think she recognizes she is on a different time table and is trying. Something she mentioned before casually. And so am I. Seems like she has to work out her past disappointment. Overall I feel the evet bonded us more and made us more respective of each other. Of course, only time will tell. She's less affectionate on the phone but same or more so in person. She said I was the opposite though I did not comment on her to her. I think we can work it out. At least that is what I want and she seems to want the same.

• 2 months later...

Archived