Was this based on his experience with me?

bebeblondie

So I posted about this guy earlier in the week....long story short had a date with a guy I met off a dating site Saturday night...had a nice time but i think it was obvious to both of us there was no long term potential, we were just too different, but nonetheless we made out at the end of the night. Really didn't expect to hear from him again, and I didn't.

But curiosity got the best of me and I saw that he updated his profile today, and since his profile was pretty blank before we met, I decided to take a peak....well there is a section that asks what your looking for....and he wrote "I want to like you, so don't let me down" now thats a pretty valid statement. However since he just got on this site a couple of weeks ago, and Im the first girl he's met on there i feel like that statement was based on his experience with me. I don't know maybe I am overreacting but I feel like he was trying to say he tried so hard to like me, but I'm just so unlikable that he couldn't bring himself to do it. I honestly thought our date was enjoyable, just not a love match....I guess he had a different opinion. Sorry guys just had to vent...huge blow to the ego

Aslo opposites can be good in a relationship. Yin and Yang!

I agree, but we live our lives way too differently, and we want different things.

Just feeling sorry for myself I guess....feels like I was good enough for him to stick his tongue down my throat (sorry to be so blunt) but he still found me unlikable.

I agree, but we live our lives way too differently, and we want different things.

Just feeling sorry for myself I guess....feels like I was good enough for him to stick his tongue down my throat (sorry to be so blunt) but he still found me unlikable.

LOL

Don't pity yourself.

You're not going to settle. Go find someone who you will want to settle for. In the mean time, date other men instead of focusing on one.

LOL

Don't pity yourself.

You're not going to settle. Go find someone who you will want to settle for. In the mean time, date other men instead of focusing on one.

Im not focused on him, I don't want to date him....but it just hurt my feelings to think that someone found me so unlikable...I guess I just took offense to what he wrote in his profile.

Im not focused on him, I don't want to date him....but it just hurt my feelings to think that someone found me so unlikable...I guess I just took offense to what he wrote in his profile.

Ha ha girl I was in the same situation. One guy was like "I don't need to text everyday." I'm like What in the underworld are you texting me every day for then? Idiot.

Anyway, you have 6.9 billion people more to go before becoming known as UNLIKEABLE.

what a bizarre thing to say. i don't know, "i want to like you so don't let me down..." kind of sounds strange. as if his date is doing something to let him down if she is just herself and they are seeing where the chemistry goes.

blah!!! i don't think you are missing out on much here.

what a bizarre thing to say. i don't know, "i want to like you so don't let me down..." kind of sounds strange. as if his date is doing something to let him down if she is just herself and they are seeing where the chemistry goes.

blah!!! i don't think you are missing out on much here.

thats funny because my friend said the same thing when I told her lol...I mean its obvious that we all want to like the person we meet....but yea the "don't let me down" part is a bit self righteous. Like I said we were different, but I was totally upfront about who I was before we met, and I had no intention of acting like somebody I wasn't and will never be just to please him or anybody else for that matter.

I don't know, but the first thing that came to my mind was, he liked you but you let him down by not contacting him again if that makes sense? Is there any chance you might want to flick him a quick text and ask him out again? Just to see if there is anything there at all? I don't know about you but if I met a guy through online dating that attracted me enough to make out with him, I'd jump at the chance no matter how different we are! Attraction is very hard to find.

I don't know, but the first thing that came to my mind was, he liked you but you let him down by not contacting him again if that makes sense? Is there any chance you might want to flick him a quick text and ask him out again? Just to see if there is anything there at all? I don't know about you but if I met a guy through online dating that attracted me enough to make out with him, I'd jump at the chance no matter how different we are! Attraction is very hard to find.

I agree with that.. I think if he didn't actually like you, he wouldn't have put anything in his profile, he would have just ignored you? If he did put "don't let me down" like that, like you have to live up to his expectations if you're a girl meeting him, or he's going to be annoyed, that sounds pretty arrogant.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Thats got to be one of the most obnoxious things you could put on a profile. He's basically saying:

I expect you non existant girl who i'll go on a first date with to end up being my wife or girlfriend. I KNOW your gonna like me the question now is will i like you? make sure you act right, I see big things in our invisible future. Don't let me down.

He's a tool.

Don't Sweat the Weird Stuff!

I agree with that.. I think if he didn't actually like you, he wouldn't have put anything in his profile, he would have just ignored you? If he did put "don't let me down" like that, like you have to live up to his expectations if you're a girl meeting him, or he's going to be annoyed, that sounds pretty arrogant.

Well he doesn't know that I looked at his profile (my account settings don't show when I look at someone's profile), or that I would've looked, and furthermore he never looked at my profile again after we met, so I really don't think he was interested. Which I'm ok with, I'm just not ok with someone updating their profile based on what they thought was a negative experience with me, but I guess thats online dating for you

I seriously doubt the statement is directly related to you. He probably just thought it sounded good and added it to his profile with no direct connection to the nice, but ultimately connection-lacking, date he had with you.

I seriously doubt the statement is directly related to you. He probably just thought it sounded good and added it to his profile with no direct connection to the nice, but ultimately connection-lacking, date he had with you.

I guess. Perhaps I reacted a bit strongly because a part of me did like him (and maybe even wanted him to call), so when I assumed that statement on his profile was based on his experience with me, I was hurt.

Archived