Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Health Log

imsuperman

I though I would track my progress here.

Current stats: 6 feet 3 1/4, 210 pounds.

I took a bod podtest today. In the last year, my bodyfat has gone down two percent from 28.2 to 26.2 and I've gained ten pounds of lean weight.

Note: The Bodpod results always read MUCH higher than the caliper bodyfat tests, and measure fat around organs as well. They are much more unforgiving. This article says the Bodpod is not good for tracking change over time, however, with error margins of 2-5%.

link removed

My biceps and triceps measure a little over 15 inches around currently. 16 would be a good number there.

I'm currently cutting down to 200 pounds and trying to get into the Moderately lean category.

So the good news is: I'm doing better, but I need to continue eating well to keep it up. 10 pounds of lean mass while losing bodyfat was an unexpected surprise!

I personally think the BodPod always reads high, and a lot of people I talk to seem to agree with me. My stomach doesn't really protrude out too much, and you can see outlines of my top abs. I carry a little fat in my chest (thanks dad/grandpa!) but I don't think it's enough to warrant a readout in the twenties.

I'm not doing shirtless photos, that's for people cooler than me, but here's what I look like today.

The good thing is the muscle gain. If anyone has any idea what the most accurate bf tester is, or if you just think the mirror is the best judge ultimately, please let me know.

The good news is I'm losing around my waist for sure. My belt isn't as tight and I've moved to the next belt hole. The scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd hoped, but I think that may be due in part to the lean weight I'm gaining since I increased my protein intake 30-50g more than it was per day a few weeks back.

I'm continuing to gain weight while losing waist size.

I've been to the doctor now three times in two weeks regarding hives on my torso that are worsening. I don't know what's triggering it and I've never had it before. It's all down my arms too. They gave me a more Prednisone, a steroid injection, and some Zyrtec. Luckily it's not on my face, so it seems to be from something external. I'm using a very mild soap though, so they don't know what it is.

It's humbling to find yourself rubbing a paste of oatmeal and cornstarch on your arms, but c'est la vie.

The balls and heels of my feet are hurting today as well. I'm still going into work, but I'm going to tell my boss I'm not going to be up moving around a bunch like I usually do.

Actually, I'll be done with Prednisone by next Monday. It's nasty. It gave me acne on my neck and shoulders. The bad thing is, it sticks around in your system for 2-3 weeks after you're done taking it. I've been drinking lots of water and the potassium has helped me lose the water weight (I've been supplementing it and eating a lot of it.) Today I was back down to 206 after waking up. The workouts have been good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived