After 8 years with my 1st BF can we ever really move on.

It has been over 2 years now and I have started to move on now and have a new person in my life and taking one day at a time. I don't want to repeat any thing from the past I learned from the first time around where I made the mistakes and watching what I do now. in taking my time I don't want the new person to think I am to slow just want to take my time.

He is such a nice guy and honest careing person I can really grow to love.

Any suggestions on the 2ed time around.

Well. number one step in a relationship is communicatin. You should definetly let you sencond boyfriend know that you don't want to be rushed and you just want to take your time because, you do not want to repeat what happened in teh 1st relationship. If hes really into you, he'll understand and he should have no problem going slow then you will find out if hes really worth it. Good luck!

ByE!

ps. If you have any concerns or would like more advice, just pm me! Thanks!

Hi,

First of all thank you for your update and letting us know how you are doing. I am glad to hear that you are doing better now and that you even found a new love in your life. I compliment you on that... well done!

As for my advice: I think sexygurl made some really good comment there. My rule in life is: "Communication leads to a better understanding". From what I have read from your post, I can tell that you are thinking now first, before you act. That's very good, just keep in mind that a relationship is also a lot about emotions. What I am trying to say, is be careful not to overanalyze.

I wish you strength, luck and happiness.

~ SwingFox ~

Thanks for your replys will take this into consideratio and think about all this and will not not to over think to much here and just take one day at a time. Communcation is the key here I have learned from my past .

You have to talk things out not hold them in side over cover them up.

I can truly understand things now more than ever from the past.

Taking one day at a time and talk to each other and become better at communcation.

• 1 month later...

I was at a local mall and trying to find a parking spot and rideing around when out of no where here is my X of 8 years comes in front of my car 1st thought was to run him down. Seeing him brought back some emotions that seemed to be still there. Also ran into a old friend who told me he had talked to my X a while back and told me what he had heard and all lies of course. A big part of me still cares and always will.

I wished people would change for the better. That is wishful thinking.

I think a big part of me wants him back you dont throw away 8 years for nothing. When do you finally move past of thinking of him and for get them. Will I ever have inner piece.

Hello all

Still working on my self and the pain still seems to be there I seem to bump into him from time to time. When does all the pain go way so you can move I have done one thing I have told friends not to tell me any more about what he is doing. In my mind I still think 8 years was a long time and a lot give up and in these day's and times you can't seem to find a good partner these days' I have talked to some couples and the same think I hear is we don't talk. This seems to be the drum beat in todays life style. Does any one believe our paths will pass again down the road and things could be different and given time and we have grown up some thing may come back and enter your life. was just a thought.