For the Fellas...

PAdreamer

I'm just curious for the guys here, whether you're currently in a relationship or not. Dating, not dating, married, not married... whoever you are, guys, this question is for you!

Scenario You are with a wonderful woman who you really love. You love her so much that you are doing your best to get your life in order so that you can marry her. But you're not quite ready. When suddenly you find out that she is pregnant.

Question(s) What is your reaction? Are you happy? Upset? Resentful? Do you stay with her? Do you leave her? What would you do?

Even if it's just your best guess, please share it!

Well, I've already told you my thoughts, but I'll say it again.

If I was in that situation, I would be shocked initially (as in the good way) and I'd be very happy and more than willing to stay, if anything, it would make me closer to her. Marriage is just a status, I'm not saying I don't want to get married, just that as far as I'm concerned it's the love that counts. Leaving her wouldn't cross my mind for a second, and if I was away from her, I'd be there with her as quick as humanly possible, even if it meant I had to sell all my stuff. I would not regret doing that and wouldn't have any resentment or any kind....only happiness.

LMAO! I'm sorry but when I read the comment about us being a cute coupe, I about fell out of my chair! Sorry all, I'm a taken lady! But no worries Allan... I promise your lady will come along eventually.

I struggle with responses like the one Bayarea gave... Things like that worry me- the idea that my man would stick around simply because he feels obligated makes me queezy. I would not want the man I love to stay because he feels he has to. That is not showing him love, in my opinion. If I got pregnant, and my man wasn't ready to stick around, I wouldn't hold it against him. I would not want his life to get messed up over me. It would make me afraid that he resented me and the baby. And that is not something I'd want.

Well sure, in MY case that's how the story would go. I just know of too many scenarios where the guy has either walked away or has stayed for the wrong reasons. I have more respect for the man who can admit that he's not ready for this and walks away than I do for the man who claims that he's happy but really resents the situation. I think that a man needs to support his child and the woman he loves (or claims to love), but I don't think that anyone is "better off" having someone in their lives who doesn't really want to be there.

I don't know... I guess I'm sort of weird. I think if this happened to me and my guy wasn't ready and he walked away, I wouldn't ask him for child support or anything. It would be rough, but I wouldn't demand anything from him. And if he ever decided that he wanted back into the baby's life, I'd jump at the oportunity. I don't know... maybe it's the romantic in me. *shrug* LOL!