Well, over dperession, but still no idea with this one girl

Nerve_Net

Well, I have got through my depression and I have to thank all you guys for it so thanks first of all

And now comes the dilemma.... a bit complicated but... please, I need some advice.

Right then, where to start...

First off, I started school in September, and my school is joined with another school for joint A-Level Studies, which means I go up to another school for at least half the week (I think anyway...).

It was the first day of term I had to go to this school, and there was this girl who was the first from that school to talk to me, or make the effort to know me. I thought nothing of it, cos y'know POLITENESS and everything. The next day, she came over and talked to me. Just pleasantries like "Hi, how are you?", stuff like that. Of course, in comes politeness and friendliness again obviously. Then the day after that, the day after that, the same thing. I thought nothing of it, she's just being friendly. I did start to fancy her though.

Then last week, she told my mate (apparently) that she fancies me and thinks I'm "cute". And she does talk to me a lot, but I'm too shy to say anything past pleasantries I do want to talk more, but I just go all shy. The thing is, I don't know whether my mate was pranking cos I fancy her, or not. She does seem to talk to me a lot and smile and wave and stuff like that, but that could just be polite/friendliness.

On the one hand, I don't know her all that well, and I want to get to know her better before anything else . On the other hand, I want to get there before anybody else (Which has almost always happened in my love life cos I've been too shy)

hi n.n.

i would suggest not discussing it with your mate, especially if you have had people "beat you to the punch" before. if she has been coming up to you for a week on her own initiative, that sounds pretty positive. maybe ask her for help finding one of your classes or if she wants to get a coffee between classes or somehting. keep it really simple, plus that way it doesn't look like a date and there are no hurt feelings

There's nothing wrong with exchanging pleasantries. You can be shy but don't let things get to the point where she has to carry the whole conversation and you only respond with short answers. I'm sure she's wishing you could just relax.

I'll tell you what happened with me and this shy guy who liked me (it was obvious). We went out on two "dates", but the whole time he was so nervous and "into himself" that I really didn't have a good time. So I stopped having contact with him.

I'm shy, too, so I know what you might be going through. Just remember that you're still responsible for contributing to the interaction whether you feel comfortable or not. If she puts herself out there on the line, coming over to you and risking rejection, why shouldn't you do the same?